GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"connected.facebook.net hang"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/14 at 16:46
Regular
Hi,

I've noticed for a while now, that some of the sites I visit hang when trying to connect to connected.facebook.net.

Anyone else have this problem?

Neil
Tue 30/09/14 at 22:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Glad all is sorted :¬)

Sorry that there isn't more of us around
Tue 30/09/14 at 21:59
Regular
hello again, thanks for that, I knew it was from someone here as the ip addresses are always logged on orders!! Hopefully it is sorted now then...There was a ddos attack I was told here last week, that may have been affecting it, or maybe it was whatever the maintenance was about the last few days.. if there was a problem then hopefully it is now sorted . thanks again.
Tue 30/09/14 at 21:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
davidb wrote:
Whoever on here did the test order, did it all work ok?

This site ... julesbodyjewellery.co.uk ... works quickly and perfectly! I bought a belly bar with c*ck teaser logo and cancelled my order at the end of the process! All worked extremely quickly and very smoothly.
Tue 30/09/14 at 20:15
Regular
Whoever on here did the test order, did it all work ok?
Tue 30/09/14 at 20:02
Regular
Hello again, Glad I made you smile!
What I mean is that usually on this sort of forum (an ISP's technical forum), there are not many users..
Maybe there are trillions of users on freeola,(actually I doubt if there are that many but I'm not too bothered about just how many people use the service..i really couldn't care).., but not many people actually seem to ask any technical sort of questions on here, 1 or 2 a day? I am not moaning about freeola at all, in fact, I have sent quite a few people freeola's way for site hosting, and as I said before, I have been a customer of freeolas for 14 years!!
I have only been asking as recently there seem to have been some issues that I can't figure out, and I have noticed that the network status has shown some problems occurring too, and then there was of course " ddos " in the last week or 2 when I 1st asked if there were any problems wasn't there? I also know quite a few people who seem to have had connection problems in the last few weeks from various ISPs, Ebay and Amazon have both had major problems, etc etc, that why I said there seem to be some strange goings on on the net lately...
Once again, I am not moaning about freeola's service or saying it isn't any good, I was just asking if anyone else has been having problems with their service.. this is the sort of error message I am getting almost daily form the shop, is it the shop, or is it freeola?
(I have taken of my vip usr number and replace it with @@@@@ for safety reasons..)
2014-09-30 5:14:13 - PHP Notice: Error: MySQL server has gone away
Error No: 2006
SELECT * FROM oc_currency in
/var/www/vip11/sites/vip@ @/httpd/htdocs/system/database
Tue 30/09/14 at 19:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
davidb wrote:
There does seem to have been an awful lot of problems with the internet in general lately, lots of providers having problems..
We have never had any problems with hosting to be quite honest until about last few months. It is hard to gauge it here on these boards, as there are very few users, but I have noticed that thee has been a problem of the network status pages, maybe it is down to that?

This made me 'smile' david ;¬) There are trillions of users but very few are 'posters'!
Tue 30/09/14 at 09:12
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
(Correction - the fb subdomain is connect.facebook.net)

If you 'Google' that you'll see it can cause people issues.
That's a problem with some plugins I guess.

I'm not seeing a slow down so some browsers might play better than others. I'm also not logged into FB in case that makes the 'like buttons' slow things down.

You could try looking at blocking it if it's a big problem for you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 30/09/14 at 09:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Neilj99 wrote:
One of the affected sites is www.topcashback.co.uk.

N.

This site also loads immediately for me.
Tue 30/09/14 at 09:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
davidb wrote:

Our other site julesbodyjewellery.co.uk seems to hang all the time though.

This site loads very quickly for me and actually I prefer it to your other site ... design wise.
Tue 30/09/14 at 00:40
Regular
I'm using Firefox (latest) on Mac OSX 10.9.5.

One of the affected sites is www.topcashback.co.uk.

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.