GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stolen/plagiarised website – what can you do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/14 at 14:07
"Are you sure?"
EDIT:
Link to Freeola Knowledge Base article will be posted when available.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 03/09/14 at 22:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Fine, but it is still the same thing! You (not you personally) choose to use a SEO company but your advice still stands ...

"If you are a website owner be careful if you should sign up to any Search Engine Optimisation"

Personally ... why bother?
Wed 03/09/14 at 21:04
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Butch, all good.
How I would have laughed if you had changed it to say "submitted by Butch"!

@DL
Obviously lots of website owners will already be publishing their name, address and phone number on their site so it's not quite the same thing.
I should have also mentioned these problems could occur with any SEO company not just one's that cold call.
Some website owners will need help with SEO and getting found so this is just a hint of how things can go wrong.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 03/09/14 at 19:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Oh dear Hmmm

Seems that it's all sorted now but this is 'your' good advice ...

"If you are a website owner be careful if you should sign up to any Search Engine Optimisation"

Never have and never would!

Would you give your name, address and telephone number to a stranger? Same thing, same answer ... '
Wed 03/09/14 at 19:28
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The KB article can now be found here.

I took some liberty with the formatting as it read like more of an anecdote than a technical guide.
Wed 03/09/14 at 14:47
"Are you sure?"
Whoops - How embarrassing, I thought I was in the Knowledge Base when I pressed submit. I've corrected that now ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 03/09/14 at 14:29
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
TL;DR

Nice post though, it's just a shame that Freeola don't offer a section of their website for users to submit content such as this, a 'Base' of 'Knowledge', as it were.

We could even offer an incentive for submitting content that was of sufficient quality to appear within such a hypothetical section.

Something for us to bare in mind, I should think!
Wed 03/09/14 at 14:07
"Are you sure?"
EDIT:
Link to Freeola Knowledge Base article will be posted when available.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.