GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Persuade me to buy a GC............."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 10:33
Regular
The first person to say the other consoles suck gets slapped.

I want to know why I should spend my hard earned student loan on a Gamecube. I've got a grand burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm not wasting it on an Xbox, so why should I buy a Gamecube??
Tue 09/04/02 at 10:33
Regular
The first person to say the other consoles suck gets slapped.

I want to know why I should spend my hard earned student loan on a Gamecube. I've got a grand burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm not wasting it on an Xbox, so why should I buy a Gamecube??
Tue 09/04/02 at 10:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
If you read my post (second from top) in this forum, i'll tell you why.
Tue 09/04/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You want to know why? Because GameCube is fun! It's a laugh! And Mario is a real chick magnet!

Sure, PS2 has some decent games, but it can't touch GameCube for MultiPlayer action, or classics. You don't like Kiddie games? Fair enough... but you do have Resi, Eternal Darkness, Metroid and Too Human not to mention Die Hard: Vendetta and Perfect Dark 2.

You have your PS2 for Gran Turismo, so you can get all serious and worked up playing games on that... but if you want chilled racers, you always have Donkey Kong Racing, Mario Kart and Cel Damage, at a push.

You want adventure games? You can't go wrong with Nintendo - Mario, Zelda, StarFox, Luigi, PIKMIN, Kameo, and that's all within the first year of launch! PIKMIN 2 should be on-line, there's bound to be another Mario title, and don't forget Banjo and Conker... they're good!

Sportswise you don't have to worry, because you'll get Pro Evolution Soccer 2002 on the Cube. It might be released on PS2 as well, but having the game in the Cube library anyway isn't a bad thing. Some sega sports are being released on Cube not to mention the nutter games like Red card Soccer and Slam Soccer... Mickey Soccer is also in the works and you've got Mario Golf and Mario Tennis already in Development!

Listen, if you've got £1000+ to spank on whatever you want, you might as well get a Cube... the games above are more than ample for any gamer, and with more developers signing up, you don't have to worry about lack of titles... and if it quality your worried about, just take a look at these:

Nintendo
Rare
Konami
Capcom
Namco
Sega
Square

You've got all the PS2's top draws PLUS RAREWARE and NINTENDO!!! How can you go wrong with that?! Answer: You can't!

You might not be attracted by Luigi's Mansion, and you might laugh at Rogue Leader, but once you get playing games like Monkey Ball and Smash Brothers Melee with some mates - you'll realise that buying a GameCube was the best decision you made that week!

Just look at all the games you'll get within a year:

Luigi
PIKMIN
Melee
Wave race
StarWars x 2
Mario
Zelda
Metroid
StarFox
Kameo
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil x 2-4
Pro Evolution Soccer 2002
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Too Human (maybe)
Die hard
Donkey Kong Racing (at a push)

They're off the top of my head... and I guarantee that all of them save for maybe 2-4 are AAA titles. Add to them all the 3rd party ports AND all the arcade ports of the games that use TRI-Force - and you can't go wrong.

There's so many good games that the quality average will go through the roof. And remember.. the Cube is easy to develop for... a company could announce a game tomorrow, and it could be here by Christmas!

Trust me. Buy a 'Cube!
Tue 09/04/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Good points. That was pretty much waht I was going to say. Can you read my 'survival of the fittest' topic please? Thanks.

By the way, if you look at the bottom of the page, it might help bonus.
Tue 09/04/02 at 11:44
i can`t persuade you to buy a GC it`s your desision but if you want to know why i am here they are.

1. i`ve been playing on nintendo consoles my whole life and am never disappointed.

2. Rare rings a bell

3. i have a DVD player and i want it just for the games i also have a cd player so i`d rather have a console which is cheap and plays games instead of spending extra money for a dvd player and cd player on a console i will never use.

there is loads of others i just can`t be bothered to write stuff i`ve written before in other topics which are similar.
also if anyone comes with a come back saying it plays DVD it plays CDs etc i will take no notice because if you are a true gamer these options will be of no use to you becuase the reason a buy a console is to play games not play dvds.
answer 3. also shows you the advantage of not having a dvd player.

note. if dvd playing is all you got to go on about in next gen consoles you must have little else to boost about including the size of your .................. hardware
Tue 09/04/02 at 12:51
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
If I read another post saying "Pursuade me to buy a GC..." I'm going to crack up!!

If you aren't able to make up your own mind, then you shouldn't be posting in these forums. Read them for ideas, but stop filling them with pointelss posts that have been done time and time again, usually resulting in squabbles.
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:08
ok you should buy gamecube because of the folowing.
mario, luigi, starfox, perfectdark, zelda, donkeykong etc the rest too many to continue.

notice one thing it`s about the games not the software that doesn`t make good games
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:10
nintendo fan wrote:
> ok you should buy gamecube because of the folowing.
mario, luigi, starfox,
> perfectdark, zelda, donkeykong etc the rest too many to continue.

notice one
> thing it`s about the games not the software that doesn`t make good games

i agree
also im gettin 1 cause i love ffantasy games and theyre comin out on the cube
Wed 10/04/02 at 11:26
Regular
GpotterUK wrote:
> If I read another post saying "Pursuade me to buy a GC..." I'm going
> to crack up!!

If you aren't able to make up your own mind, then you shouldn't
> be posting in these forums. Read them for ideas, but stop filling them with
> pointelss posts that have been done time and time again, usually resulting in
> squabbles.

Right, you little muppet, ;)....

Leave me alone, I have money to spend and it's burning a hole in my pocket, I can easily walk into a shop and buy an Xbox and a Gamecube, but I don't want to, although I really don't know what to do with it. I'll probably just stick to my PS2 and play the FF games, good day to you too..........
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Errrr......Final Fantasy on GameCube???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.