GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Persuade me to buy a GC............."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 10:33
Regular
The first person to say the other consoles suck gets slapped.

I want to know why I should spend my hard earned student loan on a Gamecube. I've got a grand burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm not wasting it on an Xbox, so why should I buy a Gamecube??
Tue 02/09/14 at 09:32
We are getting reports of a lot of these. They are an easy way to get parted from your money.

Offers of large sums of money via an unsolicited email or a web site seem to be ‘too good to be true’.

They are ‘too good to be true’.

These scams are often initiated by either an email or a telephone call from someone you do not know personally. Always start by being suspicious and keep this attitude throughout. Why should someone you don’t know want to give you money?

Look for the obvious :-

•Do they have a company address? This is compulsory on emails and web sites.
•Do they have a company registration number? This is compulsory on emails and web sites.
•Are they based in this country? Remember you have no rights outside your own country.
•Do they want money? Is it so urgent that they want it today?
•Are they FCA registered?

You can see if a company in the UK is genuine if you check them up on the free search at Companies House. At least you will know if they exist, but they can still try to scam you. There is an app you can download from Companies House for both the iPad and Android which will give you company information for free.

If they have a website then look the site registration details up. You can do this using Whois or many of the ISP’s, such as Freeola. If the website is registered outside the UK then this should sound alarm bells.

Often these people want you to ‘jump in now’ as the offer will not be available later. If an offer is that good then why are they making it to you in the first place? Shouldn’t they be wanting to keep it secret?

A flash web site can give an impression of a successful large business but the reality is that it could have been created in a back bedroom.

If someone is trying to scam you then they will be trying it with many others. Decent companies will not mind you asking questions about their integrity and will be pleased to give answers.

Scam incidents are normally investigated by Trading Standards and the Police.
Sun 14/04/02 at 15:21
"Mimmargh!"
Or†ega wrote:
> The other consoles suck
>
> *waits for slap*

That ones already been done.
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Liquid Snake wrote:
> Buy one, otherwise I'll shoot you?!!?
>
> :-)

LOL, yeah
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:51
Regular
Buy one, otherwise I'll shoot you?!!?

:-)
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:45
Regular
The other consoles suck

*waits for slap*
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Cyclone wrote:
> Errrr......Final Fantasy on GameCube???

Errrr....... yes

Which is actually very, very suprising, and somehow not, considering that square would probably like a cut of the GBA market so they can make up for that crap movie. They can then produce on the GameCube too.
Sat 13/04/02 at 22:03
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Bonus wrote:

> Right, you little muppet, ;)....
>
> Leave me alone, I have money to spend and it's burning a hole in my
> pocket, I can easily walk into a shop and buy an Xbox and a Gamecube,
> but I don't want to, although I really don't know what to do with it.
> I'll probably just stick to my PS2 and play the FF games, good day to
> you too..........

Just call me Kermit! ;o)

Ooooh, so you can afford an XBox AND a Gamecube, even through you already have a PS2?!! Simply amazing, and THAT is the reason why you post these pointless things - to boast about your money.

We can all boast mate, I've got more money than I know what to do with. I've bought (i.e. paid for) a house, car, cinema room, snooker & pool room with bar, PS2, XBox etc. I'm not even 20 yet either. But, boasting is pointless, as you can tell....
Fri 12/04/02 at 17:45
"Mimmargh!"
Bonus wrote:
> The first person to say the other consoles suck gets slapped.

Other consoles suck. *slap*
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:27
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Bonus wrote:
hard earned student loan...........

how can you have a hard earned student loan

how about spending it on some coursebooks
Fri 12/04/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Back in black"
You need one!! Thats why!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.