GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant Pro Page Preview"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/08/14 at 18:05
Regular
I can no longer find a way to preview a page I am working on or delete a work in progress version!!!!

How do I rectify this?
Tue 23/09/14 at 17:54
Regular
all works fine now, cheers
Tue 09/09/14 at 12:20
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I'm currently looking into this issue and will respond once resolved.

Update: Should now be fixed, let us know if you discover any other issues.
Sun 07/09/14 at 09:10
Regular
ceramicman wrote:
Hi,

I also tried to view my edited home page before going live after adding some logo's.

When I press view page on the top hand right side it shows me the unedited version instead.

Please fix

Thank you

Still no difference for me when preview edited work in progress version, shows live version.

Any updates regarding this issue?
Sat 23/08/14 at 10:57
Regular
Hi,

I also tried to view my edited home page before going live after adding some logo's.

When I press view page on the top hand right side it shows me the unedited version instead.

Please fix

Thank you
Sun 17/08/14 at 21:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
No you need not:)

Hmm... thanks for pointing that out. It seems like that is a bug (or unintentional change of functionality!) and I'll get the team to address it asap this week. I'm not quite sure how posting on the maintenance message that a redesign was being launched would have helped, it would probably just have resulted in more questions before the launch. Still, we welcome the feedback and will try to resolve any bugs found as soon as we can.

But I will ;¬) ...

"Chasfh wrote:
In terms of why we updated, the old Instantpro was built on an outdated system, making adding new features more awkward than it needed to be, and ultimately less reliable.

Plus, I think it's a little of the "Windows 7/Windows 8" mentality. The new styling takes a little getting used to, but I think you'll find the new layout a lot more intuitive. Certainly, after using the new system for a while here in the office, I think most of us have come to realise it's all good.

As ever, any problems you come across, you only have to ask!"

... also Hmm is Hmmm and why has the above quote from chas 'disappeared' from its thread ;¬)
Sun 17/08/14 at 21:08
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No you need not:)

Hmm... thanks for pointing that out. It seems like that is a bug (or unintentional change of functionality!) and I'll get the team to address it asap this week. I'm not quite sure how posting on the maintenance message that a redesign was being launched would have helped, it would probably just have resulted in more questions before the launch. Still, we welcome the feedback and will try to resolve any bugs found as soon as we can.
Sun 17/08/14 at 19:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Need I say any more, Eccles?
Sun 17/08/14 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
When I try the 'View Page' option (during a Work in Progress page) it doesn't seem to show the changes. I've tried saving the page and the 'View Page' still doesn't show the edit.

Looking at the URL in the browser it shows the 'live' page so it shouldn't show the edit!?

Guess I'm missing something :¬)

If I try editing the live page the 'View Page' still doesn't show the edit until I've saved things.

I can see this confusing InstantPro users.

FWIW - I read your Status Page info about InstantPro as a 'maintenance' notification, perhaps you could have made it clearer that you were introducing a new GUI etc. etc.?
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

PS Welcome to the forum angels :¬)
Sun 17/08/14 at 11:14
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
In page manager, select the page you wish to edit and in the black header bar at the top, you should see the option to "View Page" over to the right (next to "Page Settings").

With regard to deleting the Work in Progress page, simply open the "Work in Progress" page in the editor, and at the bottom of the editor screen (below your content) you should see the button to "Delete Work in Progress Version".

It would seem more logical to have the delete option there with "Save" and "Save As" etc....
Sat 16/08/14 at 18:05
Regular
I can no longer find a way to preview a page I am working on or delete a work in progress version!!!!

How do I rectify this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.