GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My inital impression of the new user interface on Instant Pro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/08/14 at 12:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Fri 15/08/14 at 14:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Ok thanks.

Re. Shop.
Have Freeola looked at ECWID's offering?
It has some good features (and some limitations) and is quick to get up and get running with. You can use it for any site (requires JS) but I've also noticed that a well known Site Builder package uses it as well.
ECWID have a Channel Partnership program which may be of interest to you.

For non-InstantPro people you can setup a free shop that sells up to 10 items (used to be 100) which is useful way of testing it.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

I'm pretty sure we already have a layout in the pipeline that fully integrates and "belongs" to InstantPro, but I'll pass this on.
Fri 15/08/14 at 14:09
"Are you sure?"
Ok thanks.

Re. Shop.
Have Freeola looked at ECWID's offering?
It has some good features (and some limitations) and is quick to get up and get running with. You can use it for any site (requires JS) but I've also noticed that a well known Site Builder package uses it as well.
ECWID have a Channel Partnership program which may be of interest to you.

For non-InstantPro people you can setup a free shop that sells up to 10 items (used to be 100) which is useful way of testing it.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 15/08/14 at 13:55
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Any news on the JavaScript Plugin or is this not likely to happen?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

I think as far as feature requests are concerned, they're all still in the works. The current update should allow us to add to the builder a lot quicker and easier than previously, but as for when certain features are being added, I couldn't say.

I suspect it will depend on demand as to what order things get approached, and I'm guessing that at this stage there's probably some more "useful" (meaning "in demand") items to be added, such as the shop pages.
Fri 15/08/14 at 13:37
"Are you sure?"
Any news on the JavaScript Plugin or is this not likely to happen?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 15/08/14 at 12:57
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Aww, don't be scared...

In terms of why we updated, the old Instantpro was built on an outdated system, making adding new features more awkward than it needed to be, and ultimately less reliable.

Plus, I think it's a little of the "Windows 7/Windows 8" mentality. The new styling takes a little getting used to, but I think you'll find the new layout a lot more intuitive. Certainly, after using the new system for a while here in the office, I think most of us have come to realise it's all good.

As ever, any problems you come across, you only have to ask!
Fri 15/08/14 at 12:41
Regular
"I like turtles"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.