GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Connect to wix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/14 at 09:26
Regular
Hi

I have just purchased a web address with freeola (www.starlightweddingdisco.co.uk) and have built a website on wix but can figure out how to get it connect to together!!

Can you help?
Rob
Fri 08/08/14 at 16:55
Regular
"Why so srs?"
shy1986 wrote:
Hi

I have just purchased a web address with freeola (www.starlightweddingdisco.co.uk) and have built a website on wix but can figure out how to get it connect to together!!

Can you help?
Rob

Hi Rob,

To connect your new domain with a website that you have constructed through Wix you have two options;

1) A full change of DNS which will move all services associated with your domain to Wix.

2) Custom DNS change which will move only the website hosting portion of your domain to Wix, leaving you with the ability to use the fantastic EmailPro service for you emails.

In order to change any DNS settings on your domain name please log into your MyFreeola account at http://freeola.com.

Click into the "Forwarding, DNS & Subdomains" section of the control panel, then 'DNS & Subdomain Changes' from the new page. To continue, select your domain name from the available list then click the "Change DNS" button.

Select the type of DNS change required from the options given and click "Continue". Please note A, MX and CNAME changes are for advanced users only.

You will be asked to read and confirm the changes, if you agree then click the "Confirm DNS Change" button.

As with any server changes, this change will now complete within 24 hours.

If you run into any complications or should need further help please get in touch with our Support team through our Ticketing system: Support
Fri 08/08/14 at 10:20
"Are you sure?"
I'm not familiar with WIX but searching their support section it looks like you need to follow these instructions:

How do I delete or replace a domain name in my Wix account?

Sign in to your Wix account
> hover over Subscriptions
> click Domains
> next to the relevant domain, click the red X.

Once you have deleted the domain, you can replace it by adding a new one.
To add a new domain:
Click Use a Domain You Already Own
> choose Connect your domain to Wix but keep your current registrar
> follow the instructions provided.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 08/08/14 at 09:26
Regular
Hi

Can you help?
Rob

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.