GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bush/Blair - bad case of doublethink?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 20:22
Regular
Those of you who have read George Orwell's 1984 will know the term doublethink.

Basically it is two opinions/beliefs that are in contradiction with another at the same time. So two or more opinions that you belief are going through your head at the same time.

Well something like that, but you should have read the book you un-educated git :)

Anyway I think Bush and Blair have this... think about it:

1) They both belief that bombing places to the ground is for the good of the nation and that they are saving the world...

2) Yet they must know they are killing thousands of innocent people and destroying developing countries yet they refuse to accept this.

Discuss if you wish.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Those of you who have read George Orwell's 1984 will know the term doublethink.

Basically it is two opinions/beliefs that are in contradiction with another at the same time. So two or more opinions that you belief are going through your head at the same time.

Well something like that, but you should have read the book you un-educated git :)

Anyway I think Bush and Blair have this... think about it:

1) They both belief that bombing places to the ground is for the good of the nation and that they are saving the world...

2) Yet they must know they are killing thousands of innocent people and destroying developing countries yet they refuse to accept this.

Discuss if you wish.
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
SHEEPY wrote:
Discuss
> if you wish.

I could, but its not worth the effort ! I've long since come to the conclusions that;

a) A majority of people here hate America, where as I don't.

b) That this same majority are unwilling to listen to anything that contradicts them even when their facts are all too often being quoted from www.Idontknowanythingbutimadethisup.com Witness a topic last month where Tequila Sunset proceeded to tell me how the great Eurofighter would replace Britain's E3 aircraft. For those who don't see what was wrong with that - the E3 is about the size of a 747 whereas the Eurofighter is 1/4 its size and has a different role.

c) Most are happy to just bask in their own opinion and never listen to anyone else, with a few exceptions like unknown kernel, you )sheepy and Mr Happy.

So I'll just sit here and occasionally look at the agreements you get......
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Belldandy wrote:

I could, but its not worth the
> effort ! I've long since come to the conclusions that;

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of a discussion forum?
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:19
SHEEPY wrote:

>c) Most are happy to just bask in
> their own opinion and never listen to anyone else, with a few exceptions like
> unknown kernel, you )sheepy and Mr Happy.

I am deeply offended at this statement and if you dare contradict me, I shall come down and strike upon thee great vengeance and fuuuuurioous anger those who attempt to destroy my brother, and you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:21
I meant belldandy. But you already knew that.
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
Doesnt that defeat the purpose of a
> discussion forum?

Not if you think no ones listening to you anyway. Many times on this forum I've replied with proper facts and the sites they've come from, and all that happens is someone replies quoting the whole thing and puts something like "America still exploits people :P" When it comes to America a majority don't want to listen.

Apologies to Sheepy for semi-hijacking this topic ! (Sorry!!)
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Belldandy wrote:

> Not if you think no ones listening to you anyway, blah blah blah, a lot of stuff I didn't read :D

I read most of your stuff, but I can't argue back.
Sat 13/04/02 at 00:27
Regular
"relocated"
Well I don't hate America but I'm happy to admit that I DO hate their foreign policy, and by extension our own. Bombing, even so-called precision bombing, solves nothing, and leaves a trail of innocent dead. Military campaigns may well be considered and proportionate; they may be motivated by altruism, or be seen as the last resort of a civilised nation. Whatever - this simply doesn't persuade me. If you are targeting the 'infrastructure of terror' then bombs are ineffective: unless you target the underlying tensions (ie, NOT the television stations, red cross HQs and water supplies) that create terrorists then this tactic is self-defeating.

Witness Israel, where weeks of military occupation and brutality has failed to stem the tide of Palestinian suicide bombers. America has made a decent first step in this conflict (after a decades long carte blanche for the Israeli government) but hasn't quite gone far enough. The talk is still of ceasefires and negotiations, buffer zones and gradual withdrawals. But what is needed is a radical gesture from Israel: a public commitment to a viable Palestinian state and a restoration of the 1967 borders. The trouble America has, of course, is that in pressurising Sharon into a political solution it shows up a double-standard: might is right for the US, but not for anyone else. The current Israeli policy is very western in its inspiration: it isn't working for Israeli citizens or for the Palestinians. Why should it work for us?
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Their 'super accurate' laser-guided bombs sometimes even miss the right country! See the topic called 'Nostrodamus - he got this on right' for more info on George W. Bush...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.