GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honour: Alied Assault - Multiplayer"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
I've been playing this gem for well over a week now. However, I've noticed that that evern with an extremely fast PC (don't bother asking the specs, or you'll accuse me of showing off), the game still has slight pauses occasionally, not including when the game is saved at certain checkpoints. Can anyone tell me why?

Also, as I haven't installed Gamespy on my PC, does anyone know of a dedicated MOH multiplayer server, and tell me the IP address? THanks.
Tue 16/04/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Oasismark, are you sure your motherboard hasn't got an AGP slot in it? Try cracking open the case and having a look, you might just be pleasantly surprise, it's always a brown connector block above the PCI slots.

Sorry, that sounds really condesending but it's not meant to be.

Try checking out ebuyer.com or scan.co.uk for some good deals.

One other thing, I usually use the PS forum all the time but I'm getting totally fed up with stupid posts and the rubbish thats happened today, well I thought I'd take a tour of the other forums, glad I did and glad to help you out if any... ;D
Tue 16/04/02 at 16:29
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I have to say you guys are really helpful, over on the PS2 forum you just get shouted at for asking stupid questions, whatever the question is.

So anyway i checked out the card you mentioned, forgot to add i need a pci card.

What's a good site for cards, found the one you mentioned for £60, but i think it's agp. What's a good 64mb PCI card for around £60?

My pc is 1.1 celeron, 128 Ram.

Cheers
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Oh dear, pop and crackle usually means "Just popping to the shop to purchase a new monitor" :(

Yeah and what a time for it to go, jeez has it no mercy!

You may still find you have problems, I think you can pickup a new GF2 MX400 with 64mb and VGA TV out for £49 + VAT but that's not from here at SR. Try checking SR out as they might have a better deal. I've got a GF2 at home but without the TV bit and it runs perfectly.

Anyway good luck with the monitor and the card.
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:26
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Thank for help, i think i'll try the wicked GL, but i have to wait till my monitor is repaired cos it broke as i was trying to load medal of honour, can you belive it? Just made a pop, crackle and now has no power (yes i've tried the fuse).
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark, I've done a bit of looking around the various forums for MOH:AA try going to google and just put MOH:AA in, you'll find loads out there.

Try this site voodoofile.com (with www. in front) or papadoc.net/Voodoo5vsIL2.html again with www. in front.

Both these links came from the forum on planetmedalofhonour.com

On the otherhand, try getting a new graphics card, GF2 with 64mb ddr ram, should do the trick, let us know how you get on.
Tue 16/04/02 at 12:05
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Hi Medal of Honour fans,

really sorry for hassling you with an off topic question but, i'm trying to get MOH to work on a new pc, it's running windows XP but has an old voodoo 3 3000 pci graphics card. I know voodoo doesn't run well with this game, but can you point me in the right direction for drivers or ANY help at all please. I only have the demo at the moment because if the demo doesn't work then there's no point buying the game.

Again sorry for off topic but cheers for any help.

Mark
Tue 16/04/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hi, and thanks for the reply, managed to sort it out last night. Ripped the modem out of my server which runs BrowseGate and installed it on my PC. Once installed had a direct connection to my friend, fired up MOH:AA and ran it as a dedicated server and lo and behold we were playing deathmatch 2 player.

He stuffed me but it was running sweet, I think until I can get a decent router then I'll be having this problem.....oh well at least I know how to get round it.

Just looking forward to getting more than 2 people playing! ;D
Mon 15/04/02 at 15:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
First thing that occours to me is the question: Is he running a firewall? that could result in a timeout, if it is blocking you.
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Anyone had any problems running MOHAA over the net but setting their machine up as a dedicated server?

Tried doing this last night to a mate of mine. We've both got ADSL installed and can ping each other with pings under 50ms average (which is good). He set his machine up as a server and after giving me his IP address I tried to join the game.

No luck, just kept timing out.....doh! Tried for about an hour until 12.30 this morning and gave up due to exhaustion!

Anyone got any ideas how we setup the computers to talk to each other over the net or do you think we've missed something?
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:17
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
15 mb would only take like an hour and a half tops. Get a download program like DAP or GoZilla! to resume it and do it in little bits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.