GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash 5"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
Is it just me or does it not make the BLINDEST bit of difference when you set Flash alignment while exporting to HTML?

The damn Flash work seems to align top/left no matter WHAT I set the alignment to.
Tue 09/04/02 at 12:56
Gar-J wrote:
> If you use Flash 5 (dot) syntax while programming in
> Flash, does it convert it into Flash 4-friendly code for
> the player?

Try to export as Flash 4, if there is anything Flash 5 specific that won't work in a Flash 4 player, it should pop up an alert with all the bits that are Flash 5 only.
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:45
Regular
Hockey Shooter wrote:
Yep -
> daft innit?! You have to place the movie yourself. Once you've made the HTML
> tags once, switch the Publish settings to just Flash and you won't overwrite any
> changes you've made to the HTML file. I bung my Flash code block into a
> centrally aligned table.

Chris.

Yea man - I've done that a few times but just wondered if there was a way to make Flash do it for me. Lazy see?

As the alignment tool seems to do b-ugger (can you believe it wouldn't let me use that word?) all though, looks like I'll have to do it manually. :o/
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:34
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
Gar-J wrote:
> Is it just me or does it not make the BLINDEST bit of
> difference when you set Flash alignment while exporting
> to HTML?

Yep - daft innit?! You have to place the movie yourself. Once you've made the HTML tags once, switch the Publish settings to just Flash and you won't overwrite any changes you've made to the HTML file. I bung my Flash code block into a centrally aligned table.

Chris.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:38
Regular
A fair point, but I have used a few Flash 5 specific features in most of the work. :o/

I'll consider that in future - good tip.

If you use Flash 5 (dot) syntax while programming in Flash, does it convert it into Flash 4-friendly code for the player? Because even where I haven't used Flash 5 specific things, I've only used Flash 5 syntax.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:30
Can't say I've noticed that Gar-J, but whenever I do Flash work, I build the HTML page seperately, then just leave a space for the flash movie in the page, export the movie from flash, then copy and paste *just* the actual and code that flash generates, rather than any of the other HTML stuff it produces.

This way, you can have better control over your HTML and where your movie sits within it....

Also, another Flash tip is to try exporting as Flash 4... Nothing to do with positioning but why force your users to upgrade to the Flash 5 plugin if you do not use any Flash 5 specific features?
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
Is it just me or does it not make the BLINDEST bit of difference when you set Flash alignment while exporting to HTML?

The damn Flash work seems to align top/left no matter WHAT I set the alignment to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.