GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will you be Whining or Dining!?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 17:58
Regular
There are two paths in life you can take. To be, or not to be. Which will you choose? Will you discuss with your fellow Nintendo fans how arrogantly Nintendo is taking care of their advertising department? Will you completely go bonkers at how Luigi, Pikmin and more of Miyamoto's characters look so cutesy? Will you rant about how Nintendo is possibly alienating a large portion of its consumers by launching with purple? Will you, not be?

Or will you remember that's it all about the games? Will you remember that the reason you spend money on a videogame console is to enjoy it for what it's worth: fun software. Will you remember to keep wether or not Nintendo will come out on top in the console business on the backburner and just kick the crap out of your friends with the Gamecube? Will you, be?

The point of my topic is to find out how many of you purchasing a Gamecube really care about the fun you'll be experiencing when you plug the 6 inch by 6 inch by 4 inch little Cube of yours. As you'll see in my subject title, will you whine, not be; or will you dine, be? I'm definitely going to McDon... err, dining. In this thread I will discuss the incredible amount of titles that we're going to be able to seeing and playing from now until Christmas 2002.

Nintendo fans are going to receive an INCREDIBLE amount of games. The #1 thing about this era of Nintendo videogaming will be the vast amount of choices we have. Rogue Leader. Pikmin. Eternal Darkness. SSB: Melee. Wave Race: BS. Luigi's Mansion. Star Fox Adventures. Super Monkey Ball. Resident Evil 0. All exclusive. You got your party games, your adventure games, your thrillers, your racers, your shooting games, and helpings of strategy and mystery (Luigi's Mansion). This is an extremely diverse lineup, not to mention the sports dream the Gamecube has become, considering Electronic Arts' and Sega's support. We also have something we never had on the N64, and that's 3rd-party titles that *gasp* aren't sports title ports. We have Crazy Taxi, Extreme G3 and SSX Tricky (the good) along with Batman and Universal Studios (the undetermined).

What I love about this particular launch is that I will ABSOLUTELY never be able to afford all the games that I want (which are every single 1st and 2nd-party game along with Burnout, Super Monkey Ball and Extreme G3). This might at first seem like a bummer, but this increases your playtime. Unlike the N64, when a game is beaten you will quickly be able to purchase another game providing you have the proper assets (read: job). My first two launch titles, Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Leader will do me good until I feel the need to buy the other launch titles I was salivating at. Wait...

This is not good. Something bad will happen when we finish the games we bought at launch and decide to buy more games in late winter/early spring.

What with 10+ games each being developed by atleast four big named developers, and over 30 other developers making games for the Gamecube (source: IGNcube's FAQ), we will be faced with the same dilemma we had at launch, and we will have to conquer this inhumane disease throughout the GCN's lifetime: TOO MANY CHOICES! If you imagined the unbelievable amount of exclusives churned out by Nintendo and Co. at launch was something to ponder at, you better make way for the third-parties. Along with Kameo: Elements of Power, Soul Caliber 2, Thornado, PSO Version 2, Animal Forest Plus, Rune and Mario Sunshine, there are a plethora of titles that haven't been announced. Remember that these are all educated guesses. Some will be pessimistic, and say I'm over-optimistic. Rather, I think I'm being realistic with these guesses. With the stealthy way Nintendo is handling things already, it's quite possible that the GCN will come out with more 1st-2nd-3rd party titles than ever before on a Nintendo system, at a rate where it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get all the titles we want. It's possible that there is a gargantuan amount of unannounced games being developed as we speak. Oh and, don't forget Perfect Dark 0 and Zelda Cube. These games do not need introductions. I JUST CAN'T WAIT...
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 08/04/02 at 17:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
There are two paths in life you can take. To be, or not to be. Which will you choose? Will you discuss with your fellow Nintendo fans how arrogantly Nintendo is taking care of their advertising department? Will you completely go bonkers at how Luigi, Pikmin and more of Miyamoto's characters look so cutesy? Will you rant about how Nintendo is possibly alienating a large portion of its consumers by launching with purple? Will you, not be?

Or will you remember that's it all about the games? Will you remember that the reason you spend money on a videogame console is to enjoy it for what it's worth: fun software. Will you remember to keep wether or not Nintendo will come out on top in the console business on the backburner and just kick the crap out of your friends with the Gamecube? Will you, be?

The point of my topic is to find out how many of you purchasing a Gamecube really care about the fun you'll be experiencing when you plug the 6 inch by 6 inch by 4 inch little Cube of yours. As you'll see in my subject title, will you whine, not be; or will you dine, be? I'm definitely going to McDon... err, dining. In this thread I will discuss the incredible amount of titles that we're going to be able to seeing and playing from now until Christmas 2002.

Nintendo fans are going to receive an INCREDIBLE amount of games. The #1 thing about this era of Nintendo videogaming will be the vast amount of choices we have. Rogue Leader. Pikmin. Eternal Darkness. SSB: Melee. Wave Race: BS. Luigi's Mansion. Star Fox Adventures. Super Monkey Ball. Resident Evil 0. All exclusive. You got your party games, your adventure games, your thrillers, your racers, your shooting games, and helpings of strategy and mystery (Luigi's Mansion). This is an extremely diverse lineup, not to mention the sports dream the Gamecube has become, considering Electronic Arts' and Sega's support. We also have something we never had on the N64, and that's 3rd-party titles that *gasp* aren't sports title ports. We have Crazy Taxi, Extreme G3 and SSX Tricky (the good) along with Batman and Universal Studios (the undetermined).

What I love about this particular launch is that I will ABSOLUTELY never be able to afford all the games that I want (which are every single 1st and 2nd-party game along with Burnout, Super Monkey Ball and Extreme G3). This might at first seem like a bummer, but this increases your playtime. Unlike the N64, when a game is beaten you will quickly be able to purchase another game providing you have the proper assets (read: job). My first two launch titles, Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Leader will do me good until I feel the need to buy the other launch titles I was salivating at. Wait...

This is not good. Something bad will happen when we finish the games we bought at launch and decide to buy more games in late winter/early spring.

What with 10+ games each being developed by atleast four big named developers, and over 30 other developers making games for the Gamecube (source: IGNcube's FAQ), we will be faced with the same dilemma we had at launch, and we will have to conquer this inhumane disease throughout the GCN's lifetime: TOO MANY CHOICES! If you imagined the unbelievable amount of exclusives churned out by Nintendo and Co. at launch was something to ponder at, you better make way for the third-parties. Along with Kameo: Elements of Power, Soul Caliber 2, Thornado, PSO Version 2, Animal Forest Plus, Rune and Mario Sunshine, there are a plethora of titles that haven't been announced. Remember that these are all educated guesses. Some will be pessimistic, and say I'm over-optimistic. Rather, I think I'm being realistic with these guesses. With the stealthy way Nintendo is handling things already, it's quite possible that the GCN will come out with more 1st-2nd-3rd party titles than ever before on a Nintendo system, at a rate where it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get all the titles we want. It's possible that there is a gargantuan amount of unannounced games being developed as we speak. Oh and, don't forget Perfect Dark 0 and Zelda Cube. These games do not need introductions. I JUST CAN'T WAIT...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.