GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG'S- is FF the only one people like?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 16:38
Regular
Since I was first introduced to the wonderful world of gaming years ago, I have always been playing RPG's as my main game. I have played a lot of them and I have to say that all the ones I have played are great (this maybe because I read lots of reviews before I buy them so I don’t have to sit through hours of rubbish gaming).
To me the thing that makes or breaks an RPG game is the story line. It can have great graphics, wonderful facial features but it must have a good story line. Without it the game becomes tedious and boring. If the game has a poor story line you will end up sitting at you computer waiting for the game to end, or end up just not bothering to finish it at all.
I admire the people who make up and design these RPG games and feel that it is wrong to ignore any game that has made it onto the market. So usually I give most RPG's a try. After all think how many hours the game took to create, those guys and girls have one of the best jobs. The designers are really talented people and its great they have put their work into making RPG fans everywhere happy.
The one RPG that has had millions of people hungry for more is the Final Fantasy series the RPG would not be the same without FF.
I think that one of the main reasons this series of great games has done so well is its story line. I know when I have played any one of the final fantasy’s I have never been bored. I am always glued to the screen waiting for the next part of the quest to unfold. This tells me that it is a great game if it has you addicted to it.
Also another key factor to the success of final fantasy would have to be that it lasts for ages. It's not just a 10-hour RPG like some of the ones I have played. It keeps you going for weeks.
There are other RPG's that deserve a lot of credit as well but everyone who likes RPG's loves Final Fantasy. It’s just a great series.
What is the RPG that has left you wondering how the makers of that great game thought it all up?
I Wish I were as talented as some of those designers…………………..

Thanks for reading; I hope to read you thoughts on this.
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:18
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
There are plenty of good RPG's out there. As well as the late FF series I'm also fan of the traditional RPG's. Alundra for the PS was good. And you can't beat classics like the secret of mana and such for the older consoles.
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:16
Regular
Zelda, Grandia, Pokemon, Phantasy Star, Everquest, Shenmue are all good RPG's. FF really became more popular with F7, it was like sony was saying to the world, hey! this game is great buy are console to play it.
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:08
Regular
I'm not keen on RPG's or the FF series but i know a lot of people do and the only reason people talk about FF is because it's supposedly the best one so you may just mention the other RPG's but not go into much detail if they aren't as good as FF.
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
there have been other good rpgs but final fantasy games are just one of the best, also the fact there are so many ff games does'nt help the other names either.
Tue 09/04/02 at 01:08
Hercules! wrote:
Far too many fluffy things and just weird happenings.
Things like elves, magic spell's, potions and things like that are just not my type.

- I agree, although I've ony played a few RPGs, the only one which I truly enjoyed was Shenmue (sorry, mentioned it again! lol). I much prefer these slightly more realistic scenarios than the "dungeons & dragons" type games.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll rent Final Fantasy X at some point, as this series does seem to be a good 'un.

Hopefully PS2 game developers will produce more akin to shenmue in the future.
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:58
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
I LIKED ZELDA. I never played a final fantasy game only demos of IX and X
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:23
Final Fantasy is definitely going to be one of the best games for RPG and this game will be the best rpg game untile Final Fantasy 11, or some kind of game called Phantasy star online 3.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:08
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
DeltaJava wrote:
> It takes too long for me to try out differnet RPGs - so I usually stick with one
> or two.

U should try them all out (well the goo ones) Most of them are really good.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:01
It takes too long for me to try out differnet RPGs - so I usually stick with one or two.
Mon 08/04/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Hmmm....."
And make it fun to read and interesting too so that people will actually WANT to read and reply to it.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.