GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantasy Festival."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 15:11
Regular
Not sure if this has been done before and yes, it is a rip off from the Evening Session.

For those that don't know, the idea is this:

Pick 5 bands/artists. 4 of them have to be alive and still performing today. 1 of them can be reformed or brought back from the dead just for this one gig.

You then have to pick a compere for the evening.

Finally, put them in the order you'd want them to perform.

Mine would be a bit of a mixture, and I'd have:

Cooper Temple Clause - These guys would open. They rock, but not as much as the rest of them.

The Streets - Start off with the only garage I like. The Streets, absolutely fantastic album. Go buy it!

Yahel - Moving onto a trance vibe now. DJ Yahel, from Israel I believe, playing some fantastic tunes.

Saint Germain - Cross between Jazz and Deep House. Very good and relaxing, hence they're on late.

Frank Sinatra - need I say more. Headlining because he rocks.

And holding it all together as the compere would be, for comedy value alone, Eminem.
Thu 05/06/14 at 13:45
Regular
Items for sale such as lofts, baskets, etc.. Only approved sellers are allowed to post new topics
Wed 10/04/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Back in black"
Support Bands-

Enzyme- American Hardcore punk band, saw them live on Monday. I need to see more. And if anyone lives in Manchester, Stoke or London- check to see if they are playing locally to you. THEY RULE!!

Green Day- Get the crowd wild. They are amazing and they will attract the younger generation (So we can sqaush them).

Muse- I need/Want to see them live. Take things down a little bit and just kick bottom.

Nine Inch Nails- Livin everything up and at comical value. Ready for the main event!!

Head-liner-
Machine Head- This band rules. Monster lyrics and crazy riffs. Very very VERY good band and it will be a dream come true. Fantasy festival!!!!!!
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:45
Well done! Favourite song?
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Leprachaun wrote:
I shall make you all love U2.

No need. I already do.
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:39
Regular
1. Method Man & Redman: They'd wake the crowd up and Method Man is the God of all things Hip Hop and with Redman at his side he's GREEEAT live...

2. Greenday (ignoring Waring): Bit of Pop punk with tunes like Longview and Welcome To Paradise they can't fail to impress.

3. Destiny's Child: Strange choice I know but it's something a bit different and if you don't like the music then you can just stare at Biancee's tic tacs, also they are supposed to be good live.

4. NOFX: Excellent band supposeddly good live with some great catchy tunes.

Headlining: Nirvana: My favourite band could do an amazing live set including classics such as Territorial Pissings, Drain You, Negative Creep, Lithium etc etc the list goes on.
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:59
Mmm, This is really difficult.

1 - Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra

He is an amazing pianist. Get people nice and hyped up for...

2 - Matchbox 20

Rob Thomas is excellent live, I am told. He has a great voice.

3 - Ani Difranco

Because she's a very cool person, she can sing, and she writes really really meaningful songs.

4 - Lifehouse

Because they rule.

5 - U2

They do deserve their own festival. But hey, I need to see them in concert. I need to feel their inspirational vibes. Not many of you damn people like them, do you?

Ah well. I came to the conclusion : Not RHCPs because I have seen them before at V2001. They were excellent, but I want to see other bands play. Only wish I could get all these guys together....I might be the only one there though..oh well. Bouncing is in order.

Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy. I shall make you all love U2.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Linkin park-get the crowd warmed up

The white stripes-only a few of their songs though, cos the rest are crap.

The offspring-They are good, nuff said.

Blink 182-See above

The strokes-Nice, new, fresh and actually good.

Compere-Johnny vegas
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:26
Regular
1) Red Hot Chilli's

Because they really do rock, in a cheesy way.

2) Jeff Buckley

Back from the dead, because it looked like he would have been absolutely fantastic to see live.

3) Radiohead

Any of their stuff, I'm not fussy.

4) Nina Simone

There's a possibility she's dead now, but I'm taking the chance and just putting her in anyway, because her voice is amazing.

5) Sigur Ros

Because they're a nice note to end on, and would be interesting live.

All held together by Sniper, who can give his impressions of each band before them come on.

"Who are they? This sucks."
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:21
Regular
Band 1 - The Eagles

Give 'em a blast of Hotel California to get warmed up

Band 2 - Weezer

They can only do stuff from Pinkerton. I've decided.

Band 3 - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Lively stuff

Band 4 - Clutch

Recently got into them, and they rule.

Headling - Lifehouse

They rule.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Support bands:

Dr John. For funky New Orleans jazz/blues feeling.

Oasis. But not with Liam singing. I can’t stand that sheeeeyiiiiiiiite singing sttyle.

Radiohead. But only up to and including OK Computer

Slayer. And make them encore with Angel of Death for 20 mins

Headlining:

Clutch. Because they move a crowd like nobody and everyone would leave with a smile on their face.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.