GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sorry, I didn't realise"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 14:46
Regular
I had no idea we had so many brand concept designers and market-analysts on these forums.
So I must apologise.
Y’see, when I read yet another “Xbox will fail hahaha” topic, I thought it was the mindless brain-wrong of a red-faced teen, frustrated because his mum and dad wont buy him the latest toy.
I also thought that the opinions expressed (Microsoft suck) etc, were made by people that still owned PCs running Windows and were using Internet Explorer.
That would have meant they were the ill-thought out bilge of uninformed, biased kids repeating things they heard from a mate’s sister’s cousin on the playground.

However, having read all these topics, I realise that each opinion has been carefully researched, footnote and explained.
So I offer my apologies to the PS2 Crew, Sony Cronies and any other groups of people all taking a break from cleaning windows with their tongues.
I bow down to your extensive market knowledge and only wished I hadn’t bought an Xbox and stuck with the PS2, because “Microsoft will die hahahahaha”

I shall inform Reuters and World Service News immediately of this.
Thu 05/06/14 at 13:35
Regular
Ballymena & Dist 9/35 – M/M Sempey 1619, W & J Smyth 1542, 1484, Connolly & Purvis 1482, Blair & Rankin 1431, J Harris 1427, D Craig 1405, 1403, Blair & Rankin 1387, McAlonan Bros 1387.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> You're all right though. It was a crap game. Nice little shooter, and it lasted
> about ten minutes.

But there ARE some decent games on the system. Favourites
> of mine were Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Goldeneye, ISS, Mario Kart, Mario 64
> [it was great fun to work through], Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, the two Zeldas.
> Not a huge amount of games, but they were all definitely worth playing.

I'm
> looking forward to the Gamecube, because I know how open Nintendo are going to
> be. They seemed to hold back a lot with the N64, and I really do think they're
> letting themselves go.

And you're ALL going to have to get one, because I'm
> going to try and get a game on it myself. And I will not be happy if you don't
> play it. :0)

More decent games on the 64 in my opinion than the Playstation2.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:17
Regular
i was about to shoot you for missing conker... paper mario rocked as well!
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
And Conker's Bad Fur Day. That ruled.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:12
Regular
You're all right though. It was a crap game. Nice little shooter, and it lasted about ten minutes.

But there ARE some decent games on the system. Favourites of mine were Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Goldeneye, ISS, Mario Kart, Mario 64 [it was great fun to work through], Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, the two Zeldas. Not a huge amount of games, but they were all definitely worth playing.

I'm looking forward to the Gamecube, because I know how open Nintendo are going to be. They seemed to hold back a lot with the N64, and I really do think they're letting themselves go.

And you're ALL going to have to get one, because I'm going to try and get a game on it myself. And I will not be happy if you don't play it. :0)
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Don't forget to tell them that you can judge the Gamecube by just playing Lylat
> Wars as well. :0)

*cringes*

Eurgh...the speech in that game! I played it round Darkness' house...gameplay was okay, but to play it for a while (although according to Goatboy that's not possible, I'd be done in a hour or so) I'd have to turn the sound off.

"You're just like your father, Fox."

Shush.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:01
Regular
Cool, the taste in the tip of my tongue has come back. I burnt it ages ago and now I can taste with it again.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:00
Regular
Fair enough, I think the X-Box is for simple people, judging an entire empire by the acts of a single soul. There are not will not be enough games to warrent a purchase, and you will suffer because of your closed mindedness.

And Skies of Arcadia rules, and you'll never know. :0)
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ant wrote:
> Yes, you shall. After much time and money spent, I have realised, that without
> playing a GameCube, that it is crap.

Philisitine.
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Opinions are one thing.
Anyone can have one, but it's when someone starts talking like they have any say whatsoever in console marketing and sales.

"It will fail because...."
Nor
"I think..."

I don't like the Gamecube because I dont like Nintendo, having played and owned their stuff up to and including the N64.

I had a PS2 and it was boring.
GTA3 was good and the boxing games were a laugh, but the other titles were just extremely dull *for me*.

I'm not saying Gamecube is crap and will fail.
I say "I don't like Nintendo and think it's for babies"

There is a difference.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.