GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Search' boxes on Websites..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
I am trying to make a website using Microsoft Frontpage 2000, and I have created a small database that I have successfully linked to the frontpage web. I would now like to use a search box so users can type in the name of a band in the search boxes, and all records in the database with that band will be displayed. I have tried following the guides in Frontpage help, and the results table appears ok, but no matches are ever found, even when there should be...

If you have any idea how I might achieve the search boxes successfully please reply.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.
Thu 05/06/14 at 13:34
Regular
Carrick & Dist HPS
Bude - 31/5/14

1st - S Beattie & Dtrs - 1293
2nd - M Owens - 1289
3rd - M Owens - 1259
4th - Elliott Bros - 1258
5th - S Beattie & Dtrs - 1223
6th - T Creighton & Son - 1205
7th - W Degnan & T McKee - 1175
8th - W Degnan & T McKee - 1172
9th - Elliott Bros - 1163
10th - Mr & Mrs K Lavery - 1147
11th - S Beattie & Dtrs - 1147
12th - S Beattie & Dtrs - 1126
13th - Mr & Mrs R Reid - 1052
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cheers, I might just do one without the navigation fram if I get a lot of people who have browsers that frams don't work with or something similar, but for the moment its staying with them. I'll keep you posted...
Tue 09/04/02 at 15:34
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
If you are planning on hosting your site on freeola, then you will not be able to use funkygamer's suggestion because they don't support ASP. I'm not sure what the 'atomz' search engine requires but it might need mySQL and again, freeola don't support mySQL yet, but rumour has it that they might be implementing this in the next few months. It's only a rumour mind.

Just checked out your site, not bad, but I've heard lots of bad things about frames. I like the title at the top of the page by the way.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I haven't yet got it hosted... I plan to buy a GetDotted domain when the site is in some kind of working order. However, I have just done a quick registration at Geocities, and put the main page up to check it works ...

its at:

http://www.geocities.com/unitepunk2002/

if anyone is interested...
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:12
Just had a thought anyway, if you are hosting your site on Freeola, you probably couldn't use that example anyway... Where are you hosting the site?
Mon 08/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I've never had the need for a search engine on my site so I don't really know. I've seen a few sites with a search engine on them powered by atomz (www.atomz.com) though. Maybe you should check out that site.
Mon 08/04/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Call me stupid, but I still don't get it...

I don't know any coding languages, that's why I'm doing all the making of the site in FrontPage, and that site seems to only deal with doing it in coding languages...

Anyway, if anyone knows how to do it in FrontPage, or can link me to a website where it is demonstrated it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mon 08/04/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Thanks FunkyGamer, I'm just about to check that out!
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:48
You will find everything you need here http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_search.asp

including a working example that you can download, code and database and everything.

Isn't the Internet great?
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I am trying to make a website using Microsoft Frontpage 2000, and I have created a small database that I have successfully linked to the frontpage web. I would now like to use a search box so users can type in the name of a band in the search boxes, and all records in the database with that band will be displayed. I have tried following the guides in Frontpage help, and the results table appears ok, but no matches are ever found, even when there should be...

If you have any idea how I might achieve the search boxes successfully please reply.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.