GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New .UK domain names now available"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/06/14 at 16:58
"Are you sure?"
Like other Freeola customers today, I've received an email letting me know that the new .UK domain names are now available.

The official launch date is the 10th June but you can pre-order now.

Full details can be found here: getdotted.com/uk-domains.

Nominet (the official .uk body) seem to have come up with a fair system for registrations. Current owners of co.uk, org.uk and me.uk get the right to register .uk versions if they want. This right lasts for 5 years (2019) so should hopefully stop any bun fights!

Being 'uk' TLDs also means the registration prices aren't inflated like some of the other recent short domain names which is good!

I know what I'll be doing this week :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 11/06/14 at 10:18
"Are you sure?"
Cheers Eccles - all sorted :¬)

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 11/06/14 at 09:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Replied to your ticket. Hope that clears things up for you.
Wed 11/06/14 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Eccles,
No messages, success or failure have arrived so I'll send a ticket.

The postal address for the 3 pre-orders I attempted has changed so perhaps that's tripped things up but I would have thought some sort of failure message would be issued? Especially as I entered my credit card details into the system.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 10/06/14 at 23:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi Hmmm...

Hopefully you've got some success notifications through now. If any are missing then send in the list of domains you are waiting for in a ticket and we can take a look and give reasons if necessary.

There are still some orders where we're finding the details given don't match the registrant details for the reserved domain exactly. Nominet state that the details for the .uk must be exactly the same as the reserved domains if there is one (the .co.uk for example). Our UK domains page explains this as does the GetDotted search results page when a reserved .uk is searched for.
This isn't directed at you Hmmm... just some general advice. These rules apply for the next 5 years where a reservation right exists.
Tue 10/06/14 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
Butch wrote:
That's certainly the plan at the moment.

Things haven't updated at my end.
I've run out of time today - I'll check back tomorrow :¬)

I have some 'normal' .UK registrations to make but I thought I would see my pre-orders through first.

I guess Stephen Fry has more pull than me to get his .uk working on day 1!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 10/06/14 at 13:07
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
@Freeola
My own .UK pre-orders are still showing as 'available'.
I know it's still early but hopefully they will become usable later today?

That's certainly the plan at the moment.
Tue 10/06/14 at 12:14
"Are you sure?"
Launch day today :¬)

I notice Stephen Fry has blogged about the new .UK name:
Three Strokes and You're Out

@Freeola
My own .UK pre-orders are still showing as 'available'.
I know it's still early but hopefully they will become usable later today?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/06/14 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Like other Freeola customers today, I've received an email letting me know that the new .UK domain names are now available.

Unlike other Freeola customers ... I haven't!

Although, I have recently received a renewal notice ;¬)
Wed 04/06/14 at 16:58
"Are you sure?"

The official launch date is the 10th June but you can pre-order now.

Full details can be found here: getdotted.com/uk-domains.

Nominet (the official .uk body) seem to have come up with a fair system for registrations. Current owners of co.uk, org.uk and me.uk get the right to register .uk versions if they want. This right lasts for 5 years (2019) so should hopefully stop any bun fights!

Being 'uk' TLDs also means the registration prices aren't inflated like some of the other recent short domain names which is good!

I know what I'll be doing this week :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.