GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email on iPhone not working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/14 at 14:27
Regular
I have about 20 club email addresses run by Freeola

All are working fine and I use mine online and on my iphone

However another person in th e club cannot get the email to work on his iphone

His settings are identical to mine - all the settings on the iphones and the email accounts are the same

There are two differences
His iphone says that it cant connect to the servers - when on 3G and when on wifi
He uses outlook at home to access the emails

Help - cause I cant figure it out
Wed 21/05/14 at 20:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
This bit of the Freeola guide is often overlooked:

"Some internet providers also restrict the use of certain ports for sending messages. Because of this we would also advise changing the SMTP port from 25 to 2025 on this same page."
Wed 21/05/14 at 16:47
Regular
I have deleted and recreated the account on the iphone 5 or 6 times with no luck

I have just changed it to Imap and tried to set it up

We get the error message

"smtp-auth.freeolamail.net" is not responding

Network connection is fine

My iphone account has the same settings, same network and same ios version
Wed 21/05/14 at 15:53
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is the iPhone failing to connect/verify both send and receive server addresses?

What port addresses are you both using - iDevices often need changing from default as mentioned in Freeola's guide.

Is the email account a Freedom or VIP one?

------------------------- ----------------------------

If you are happy with everything but it's still not working then I would delete the account and start again.

I've had problems with a Freeola account (on an Apple device) and could see no reason why - I deleted the account on the iPad and started from scratch and the addresses verified and worked. So I blamed Apple, as I was happy with the settings I had been trying :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Could you explain your "two differences" a bit more as I'm not sure what you are saying there?
Wed 21/05/14 at 14:27
Regular
I have about 20 club email addresses run by Freeola

All are working fine and I use mine online and on my iphone

However another person in th e club cannot get the email to work on his iphone

His settings are identical to mine - all the settings on the iphones and the email accounts are the same

There are two differences
His iphone says that it cant connect to the servers - when on 3G and when on wifi
He uses outlook at home to access the emails

Help - cause I cant figure it out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.