GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Optical Recognition App that lets you read a novel in 90 minutes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/14 at 11:21
"possibly impossible"
Check this out.

It may just be a fad, but it's an interesting insight into how the brain works to process information.

The app works by highlights specific parts of a word in red which aids the brain to quickly process the word. Normal reading speed is usually under 200 words a minute, but the team behind this app reckon that you can read at 500 words a minute with this method. On the bottom of the linked website is a test at various speeds to show this in action.

My only concern, aside from probably spoiling the feeling of relaxing when reading a story, is that you may miss out important words if reading work emails this way, but it's interesting none-the-less.
Fri 06/06/14 at 14:08
Regular
I tell you what, that hurts my eyes. Also while I may "read" the flashing words at that speed, I have to read it twice to actually know what I read.
Mon 10/03/14 at 11:49
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
"Normal reading speed" involves moving your eyes across a page, not flashing a single word up at a time.

Might be a slight improvement in reading speed, but I seriously doubt that it'll bring about 500 words per minute.
Mon 10/03/14 at 11:21
"possibly impossible"
Check this out.

It may just be a fad, but it's an interesting insight into how the brain works to process information.

The app works by highlights specific parts of a word in red which aids the brain to quickly process the word. Normal reading speed is usually under 200 words a minute, but the team behind this app reckon that you can read at 500 words a minute with this method. On the bottom of the linked website is a test at various speeds to show this in action.

My only concern, aside from probably spoiling the feeling of relaxing when reading a story, is that you may miss out important words if reading work emails this way, but it's interesting none-the-less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.