GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems installing harware in the CPU"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
I just got a new editing suite which come with a PCI card,
but I can't open up the back of my Packard Bell imedia CPU.
I took out all the screws but there is some sort of lining down either side of the CPU and a hook sticking out of one side. Can anyone help as to how to get the CPU open so I can see the insides of the PC.
Thanks very much,

auf_deustch
Wed 10/04/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
iMedias are easy - remove the thumbscrews and slide off the side panel. I've got one!
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
May I ask which Editing suite you have got???

It maybe it's just a little stiff, like you say, so try giving it a goodpush, but if it doesn't budge, then chances are thats not how it's opened up, or you've missed a screw somewhere.

It's not one of those where you can just pop the front of is it??? Then you just stick your finger in and unhook the hook to get the whole thing open???
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:30
Regular
I just tried it but the hook doesn't seem to move, the casing at the sides looks like it needs to be pushed outwars, but it's verrry stiff.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:28
Regular
k, thanks...
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:25
Regular
I think you mean the PC case, not the CPU. The CPU's the processor.

Although it isn't clear what this hook looks like, have you tried sliding it forwards or backawards? I have a case where the hook is a little switch that opens up one of the sides.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
I just got a new editing suite which come with a PCI card,
but I can't open up the back of my Packard Bell imedia CPU.
I took out all the screws but there is some sort of lining down either side of the CPU and a hook sticking out of one side. Can anyone help as to how to get the CPU open so I can see the insides of the PC.
Thanks very much,

auf_deustch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.