GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the real future of games and consoles"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 11:47
Regular
this is not a made up thing this is what i truly believe will happen with some of the things starting right now.

Games

well at the rate the ps2 is selling and xbox floping and gamecube getting dissed i can see that some time in the future microsoft givng up on consoles and continuing work on PC. Nintendo carrying on making consoles but the many people buying the next playstation. So it would just be playstation so no compotition so game developers would stop putting effort in to making games because they will still sell so we will be stuck with crappy games.

Consoles

there will be none with the growing success of sony they will probley put them as an extra in there CD players.

You see the problem is it isn`t about the games it`s about the money nowadays. in the days of sega and nintendo they would battle making games and i loved both developers, and i couldn`t really see one of them going down the drain. but now sega has gone nintendo is left with two giants wanting more money.

so the future is bleak the future is money.
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:22
AshMan wrote:
> Good Post, If it had a little more explanation to it i think you'd be a definite
> GAD winner. You're in with a chance though.

yeah this should be a gad winner (now i know what gad means i can say so) it`s nice not to see a console wars or best what ever or why ione console is better than the other
don`t get me wrong i like console wars and the best game or waht ever but the speak of the console is best is boring you just hear the same crap just a diffrent title i believe anyone who posts one of those a few times should be banned it`s taking up valuble space
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:17
your right about sony and microsoft in it for the money
Tue 09/04/02 at 11:53
when we did it in my school the playstation likers out numbers the nintendo likers by about 10-1. but taking in to account they are all cheap skates, act like lemmings and they have bad taste it doesnt` bother me at all
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:35
Regular
I think gamecubes rock! but i just can't stand playstations. we had a big debate about this in school and the results where equal send me what you think about gamecubes and playstations at [email protected]
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:08
Regular
I can see where you're coming from, though don't neccesarily agree.

Nintendo is doing much better in Japan than the figures show because of Panasonic's Q-GameCube's selling well but not being included in the charts. So in Japan, the Playstation 2 and GameCube are roughly equal.

Sadly, gamers want more than just a brilliant games console nowadays, which means that unless they're really good at marketing, they almost have to include some kind of extra into their consoles like DVD playabilities, or even just CD playabilities.

Though complete eradication of consoles I cannot see happening. I reckon they'll more likely turn into screenless PC's that require a TV for output. Keyboard's have arrived on atleast half the current systems to date, and there are already internet capabilities with the Dreamcast. All consoles except the GameCube can play music CDs, and excluding the recently deceased, Dreamcast can play DVD movies, just like PC's can. The X-box has got itself a hard disk and the Playstation 2 is soon to follow suit which opens up the possibility of downloading extras for games, or even MP3's and clips and shareware.

If Panasonic release the software to allow it, then we could soon be downloading music onto the Pansonic digicards that are connectable to the GameCube and we could play music straight off them on any Panasonic compatable devices we own.

Consoles are definately changing into PC's, quicker than ever before now with their power only lacking behind some of the most up to date cheaper PC's that are only slightly more expensive than the X-box. The games quality has overtaken that of PC's, and the possibilities for input devices for consoles are endless (as the Dreamcast showed us with the controller, steering wheel, fishing rod that doubled as a sword, keyboard, mouse, headset, arcade pad, etc).

The Playstation 2 itself already has a switch on the back, exactly the same as a PC's power switch, and it has two USB ports which is standard on most PC's, and has a disk tray instead of the traditional open-lid system for a games console.

If you disagree, don't complain when I tell you "I told you so" in the future :)
Mon 08/04/02 at 19:06
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Good Post, If it had a little more explanation to it i think you'd be a definite GAD winner. You're in with a chance though.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:35
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
You're absolutely right. The problem is though, most people (especially fan boys) see competition as a threat, not a healthy boost to the economy.
Sun 07/04/02 at 11:47
this is not a made up thing this is what i truly believe will happen with some of the things starting right now.

Games

well at the rate the ps2 is selling and xbox floping and gamecube getting dissed i can see that some time in the future microsoft givng up on consoles and continuing work on PC. Nintendo carrying on making consoles but the many people buying the next playstation. So it would just be playstation so no compotition so game developers would stop putting effort in to making games because they will still sell so we will be stuck with crappy games.

Consoles

there will be none with the growing success of sony they will probley put them as an extra in there CD players.

You see the problem is it isn`t about the games it`s about the money nowadays. in the days of sega and nintendo they would battle making games and i loved both developers, and i couldn`t really see one of them going down the drain. but now sega has gone nintendo is left with two giants wanting more money.

so the future is bleak the future is money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.