GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Opinions?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 22:29
Regular
As mentioned in a help topic, i've been sorting out a web page for my uni basketball team.
Code now okay (for the time being ;-) ), just wondering if i could get some feedback on how it looks - in my mind, before i coded it, it looked a lot better than it does now...
still, when i eventually pay out for photoshop elements, i'll be able to blur the images slightly, so they'll look smoother, but it still doesn't quite live up to what i was hoping for.
Maybe when there's more actual content...

Anyway, opinions and commenys would be greatly appreciated.

http://huw41.tripod.com/aber/index

Thanks, dd
Thu 18/04/02 at 14:57
hey i was wondering if anyone can help me... i am try to read messages archived on yahoo under another account and i am getting a funky code that wont let me understand what is being said... does anyone no how to break this code...

thanks the squrl
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
I think i'll save commenting on that until i've seen a map : )
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:30
Regular
Nah mate I'm further up the road than that - in Dolgellau in fact!

And fair enough about the flags. :oP
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:51
Regular
Heh, i was shepherded into the reds by the team's prospective future colours.

Gar-J, you live in aber? Student? And if i'm someone down the road, does that mean you're even higher up that damn hill? ; )

Hmm, the flags... i was so happy with finding them, and it seemed like a nice chance to get a bit more colour onto the pages... even if it did turn out only to be green : S
Still, your reasons make sense. Though the flags stand out a little clearer than i'd expect a linked word to...

I think i'll canvas the opinions of a few welsh people when i get back to aber. Although i think most of the reasons for me keeping the flags are that i liked the quality and suitability of the images i got hold of, which probably aren't good reasons : )
Sun 07/04/02 at 23:35
Regular
Hiya mate.

Nice site, and kewl that it's being done by someone that lives just down the road!

One thing: using a flag to represent a language is generally not gone for. Some people consider themselves Welsh but cannot speak the language. They'd have to click on an English flag and would not be able to click on their own. Also, people who have moved in from away might want to view it in Welsh/English, but they don't like clicking on a flag of a country they don't feel they are a native of.

It might sound trivial, but it's a fact that I read on... ... damn it, I can't find the URL.

I did read it though. There was a lot of interesting stuff there, so I'll have to search again for the URL when I have more time and stick it on here. It was all about bilingual work in lots of different languages. It even covered Chinese websites, which of course would be a serious head-ache.
Sun 07/04/02 at 22:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
If you've already got Photoshop, in the type-tool box thingy, change the anti-alias to crisp and the fonts will look much nicer.

site looks cool though, I wasn't too sure about the red but it's nice.
Sun 07/04/02 at 22:12
Regular
Ah, finished tweaking. Much happier now.

If anyone does care (based on the topic's huge response : ) ), unless someone comes along with a hugely good suggestion, the site is lagrely as it will stay, except for smoothing a few images when i get photoshop elements and putting in some actual content. Oh, and getting some translative help for the welsh pages.

I wonder if anyone will ever read this...
: )
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:29
Regular
As mentioned in a help topic, i've been sorting out a web page for my uni basketball team.
Code now okay (for the time being ;-) ), just wondering if i could get some feedback on how it looks - in my mind, before i coded it, it looked a lot better than it does now...
still, when i eventually pay out for photoshop elements, i'll be able to blur the images slightly, so they'll look smoother, but it still doesn't quite live up to what i was hoping for.
Maybe when there's more actual content...

Anyway, opinions and commenys would be greatly appreciated.

http://huw41.tripod.com/aber/index

Thanks, dd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.