GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ongoing Internet Issue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/02/14 at 14:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have been experiencing an issue on both of my connections for the last 6 weeks or so. Sometimes everything will run very slowly (did post speedtest example in the quiz thread a couple of weeks ago) or it just seems to hang altogether. Sometimes it is only for short periods of time, others it's for quite a while. It seems to be an issue with our area (not an isolated Freeola problem as other ISP's seem to be effected) with some in our area stating on Twitter & FB that their internet has stopped working altogether. It seems to be only ADSL connections that are effected (FTTC seem fine), could this issue be down to the huge amount of rain we had around here recently? (could that effect things if it gets in junction boxes or something?). For example yesterday I was viewing eBay and pages wouldn't load for about 5 minutes, then it started working again (very slowly) but the pages were only partially loading? (had this happen a few times).

Picture of eBay from last night

Everything is working fine at the moment (both connections) so I would imagine that any tests would show everything is working as it should....only it isn't.

Any ideas guys?

EDIT:

Seems I spoke too soon, it has just happened again:

'' Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.59 Mbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.

IP Profile for your line is - 10.46 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.01Mbps

Additional Information:

Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps''

EDIT 2:

...and now it's back!
Wed 05/02/14 at 14:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have been experiencing an issue on both of my connections for the last 6 weeks or so. Sometimes everything will run very slowly (did post speedtest example in the quiz thread a couple of weeks ago) or it just seems to hang altogether. Sometimes it is only for short periods of time, others it's for quite a while. It seems to be an issue with our area (not an isolated Freeola problem as other ISP's seem to be effected) with some in our area stating on Twitter & FB that their internet has stopped working altogether. It seems to be only ADSL connections that are effected (FTTC seem fine), could this issue be down to the huge amount of rain we had around here recently? (could that effect things if it gets in junction boxes or something?). For example yesterday I was viewing eBay and pages wouldn't load for about 5 minutes, then it started working again (very slowly) but the pages were only partially loading? (had this happen a few times).

Picture of eBay from last night

Everything is working fine at the moment (both connections) so I would imagine that any tests would show everything is working as it should....only it isn't.

Any ideas guys?

EDIT:

Seems I spoke too soon, it has just happened again:

'' Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.59 Mbps

IP Profile for your line is - 10.46 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.01Mbps

Additional Information:

EDIT 2:

...and now it's back!
Wed 05/02/14 at 17:07
"Are you sure?"
Have you raised a Support Ticket in case Freeola can see (or are aware of) a problem?

Assuming you are happy it's not your line/kit then it would be worth checking the status of your Exchange: Exchange Status Checker
Sorry for the Plusnet link - I don't know anyone else that shares this data

See if that shows any problems.

Again if you are sure it's not just Freeola customers it's not worth looking at your WBC node etc.

If you are happy to post your exchange name that may help people troubleshoot or contribute to this thread if they are in the same situation.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/02/14 at 17:37
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I just ran some tests on your line, and it seems that part one of the performance test you ran failed. You need to go back to the BT test page and run test 3.

I'll open a support ticket for you, as we may need some further info.
Wed 05/02/14 at 18:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
I just ran some tests on your line, and it seems that part one of the performance test you ran failed. You need to go back to the BT test page and run test 3.

I'll open a support ticket for you, as we may need some further info.

Let's hope the 'waffle' now has a solution to your problem pete ... it's always best going to the 'waffle' rather than the 'sauce' ;¬)

Hmmm ... wouldn't a search of Entanet give the same information and more relevance to an Entanet (Freeola) user?
Wed 05/02/14 at 18:42
"Are you sure?"
You've lost me there DL...

Can you explain more?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/02/14 at 18:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I see no harm in posting the exchange name, which I believe is Gresford (WNGRE). No issues showing at the moment there.
Wed 05/02/14 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
You've lost me there DL...

Can you explain more?

Which bit?
Wed 05/02/14 at 21:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks for the responses guys, this fault is a weird one as it does not happen all the time. Everything is working fine at this moment.

'' Download speedachieved during the test was - 10.22 Mbps

IP Profile for your line is - 10.76 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.87Mbps

Additional Information:

I was talking to someone today who is experiencing similar issues from our exchange (it is the one Eccles stated) and BT (their ISP) have informed them that there is no known issue. Next time it occurs I shall attempt to run test 3 as requested and respond to the raised ticket. As you can see from the bits I posted earlier I'm not making this up! I have 2 connections from the same exchange (seem to recall they are connected to different Enta nodes although I'm not 100% sure on that). I have been experiencing these issues on and off since before Christmas on both of these connections. For example when I tried the quiz thing a couple of weeks ago it took forever to load and looked like the eBay screenshot I posted earlier, the clock was counting down put half the quiz was missing. There's been a few times I have tried to watch streamed media (even small You Tube clips) and it basically wouldn't work at all.
Thu 06/02/14 at 12:10
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Looking at the test results, there is almost certainly something a little odd going on, but as ever, intermittent issues will be the hardest to pin down. Might be worth keeping track of the times that the issue occurs, just to see if there is any pattern.
Thu 06/02/14 at 12:14
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sounds like a packet loss issue to me. Next time it happens can you try pinging any of the sites that are failing to load completely and report back the results.
If you can get the page to load it may be worth running http://freeola.com/line-test/. Try while the connection is good to see if your router is blocking pings first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.