GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain name registration"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/01/14 at 21:40
Regular
Can someone please tell me how to change the registered owner? My ex and I have split up and I need to change the name of his domain to him. It's registered in my old married name but I can't find how to change the name over to him. Freeola say I have to contact Nominet but Nominet say I have to contact Freeola. No one seems to know how to help me.
Thu 30/01/14 at 12:20
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I see my colleague has already replied to your ticket, but just so everyone knows how to go about doing this:

Changing the registrant on a Nominet (.uk) domain has 2 main steps:

1. Nominet domains have an 'administrative' email address linked with them, which allows domain name owners to manage their domains via Nominet's control panel. By default, we set this to be one of our domain admin addresses. So firstly, you have to update the administrative email address linked with the domain.

This is done via the MyFreeola account in which the domain is managed. Select View/edit domain details from the left page navigation then Hosting and Settings > Change Address (not change registrant).

On this page you'll see a tick box worded "Use your MyFreeola login address as the administrative contact for this domain". Tick this box and confirm. Now, the admin email address on the domain is your MyFreeola address.

2. Call Nominet and they'll ask you to confirm the administrative email address and go from there.

Also DL mentioned that leaving the domain name to lapse so it can be re-registered could be an option. It could, but it's worth pointing out that most domain name types don't become available for re-registration until a point between 70 and 90 days past the expiry.
Thu 30/01/14 at 08:57
"Are you sure?"
How far did you get following the instructions within MyFreeola for changing domain details?

Have you managed to get as far as creating an account in Nominet to Manage your Domain?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 29/01/14 at 22:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Definitely a conundrum here.

However if neither Freeola or Nominet won't take the time to assist you, then just let the domain name registration lapse. The domain name in question will then become freely available for anyone to register and thus, not in your name anymore and so no re-registration fee will be required. If your ex wishes to take it onboard...he can do when the/your registration expires.

Sorry about your separation

Maybe Hmmm will be along later and advise you otherwise
Wed 29/01/14 at 21:40
Regular
Can someone please tell me how to change the registered owner? My ex and I have split up and I need to change the name of his domain to him. It's registered in my old married name but I can't find how to change the name over to him. Freeola say I have to contact Nominet but Nominet say I have to contact Freeola. No one seems to know how to help me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.