GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vexxxed or any other staff please help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/12/07 at 18:45
Regular
"Hello?"
I have recently migrated over to yourselves from my previous ISP. The main reason for doing this was to be able to use my PS3 for online gaming at any time i wished and have no limits on when i could or couldn't use it to play online.
I have become activated today and everything is fine on the broadband side and my internet connection seems to be ok. I have however had a major problem.
When i try to connect my PS3 to the internet and play online it says about a DNS error. I called your helpline who were very polite but could aid me on how to overcome this problem. I signed up for the freeola broadband being told i would have no problem getting online with my PS3, and I hope this is still the case.
Could you please help me :)! I have removed any trace of my old ISP from my desktop and set up a new internet connection and enabled it for ICS. I have not exactly the same thing i have done previously to get online with the PS3 and it is not working. I have been online with the ps3 with my old isp but only a certain times like after 11pm and before 5pm so i do know that all the connections should work fine.
I hope that you will be able to help me or if i could speak to anyone at freeola who could assist me with this that would be great.

My setup is:

ADSL MODEM ---> PC -------via ICS------>PS3

Many thanks,
Alex
Thu 06/12/07 at 12:53
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ah good, glad you managed to resolve the issue :)
Wed 05/12/07 at 20:03
Regular
"Hello?"
I have now sorted it, thanks for your help. I understand it's not really your problem with ps3 questions. i was just getting annoyed because the PSN network team are awful and told me to call my ISP. It was to do with the DNS settings if your interested or if it comes up again.
Many thanks anyways
Wed 05/12/07 at 19:20
Regular
"Hello?"
Thanks for that guide and your help. I have tried everything i could think of and have done everything correctly as far as i can see. The thing is I'm not tight but see no reason to buy a router if the connection i've got works. It worked perfectly with my old ISP and the only reason i switched was that the put a block on certain ports at peak times of the day which i was not prepared to pay for a service like that.
I have scrapped all my network connections and started a fresh and nothing seems any differerent. I did use to play my PS2 online and that worked fine at all times but as soon as i upgraded to the PS3 my old ISP blocked many ports for certain games due to the traffic caused.
Wed 05/12/07 at 19:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sorry I was not able to assist earlier over the telephone, as explained at the time ICS isn't the easiest of things to support or troubleshoot!

After getting of the phone with you I did a bit of research and found a useful guide that may help. Now I appreciate that this is for a PS2 and that you had ICS running previously but all the basic information is there in case something is missing from what you have now. Perhaps completely removing the current ICS and setting it up again as explain here may help?

Failing that you could aways buy a router :)
Wed 05/12/07 at 18:45
Regular
"Hello?"
I have recently migrated over to yourselves from my previous ISP. The main reason for doing this was to be able to use my PS3 for online gaming at any time i wished and have no limits on when i could or couldn't use it to play online.
I have become activated today and everything is fine on the broadband side and my internet connection seems to be ok. I have however had a major problem.
When i try to connect my PS3 to the internet and play online it says about a DNS error. I called your helpline who were very polite but could aid me on how to overcome this problem. I signed up for the freeola broadband being told i would have no problem getting online with my PS3, and I hope this is still the case.
Could you please help me :)! I have removed any trace of my old ISP from my desktop and set up a new internet connection and enabled it for ICS. I have not exactly the same thing i have done previously to get online with the PS3 and it is not working. I have been online with the ps3 with my old isp but only a certain times like after 11pm and before 5pm so i do know that all the connections should work fine.
I hope that you will be able to help me or if i could speak to anyone at freeola who could assist me with this that would be great.

My setup is:

ADSL MODEM ---> PC -------via ICS------>PS3

Many thanks,
Alex

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.