GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has the gaming world forgotten the N64?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 19:36
Regular
Shop Assistant:
"Welcome to <>, how can I help you?"

Me:
"Hi, do you have <> in stock?"

Shop Assistant:
"No, i'm afraid we don't."

STOP! do you recognize any of this? Why oh why oh why oh why doesn't anywhere sell N64 games anymore. If the do they leave a burning hole in your bank balance. They're old. So what? Antique shops sell loads of old things! N64 games are some of the coolest around and the still don't sell them! If anyone knows why, mail me at [email protected]...
Tue 09/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I only post in N64 topics, I don't really care about the Gamecube.
Tue 09/04/02 at 12:05
maybe we should start a topic in here just for talk about the 64 and where we can by games and stuff like that because at the mo this is the only topic coming close.
Tue 09/04/02 at 12:03
first if you mean the gaming world as in shops then yes it`s because they are expensive and also the 64 didn`t sell well in the first and the fact people are seling theirs for the next gen makes matters worse and no one wants to by them my mates have sold theres for next gen because they don`t really reilise the importance of old games consoles (i sold my snes i know really regreat it a many a time i wish i can go back and play on it)

secondly if you mean the gameing world as in this forum i believe it`s because people are worried that no one will read it because everyone is on about next gen and the cycle starts again. BUT this topic had proven it wrong and as we can all see people still care.

note. i am also worried about statrting a topic on n64 i done i twice before and both sunk to the bottom like an xbox in water (very quick, very very very very very very very quickly in fact)
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:23
Well, I very rarely shop at EB/Game, I'd suggest you try gamestation or ebay.
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Actually, GAME sells quite a few 2nd hand games and loads of rumble packs! The new games are very expensive, though...
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:22
But the lack of Nintendo games has been a problem for a long time. Apart from buying games online, there are no shops that seem to sell them any more. I made this point in a different thread, but if there is a few Nintendo games in a shop, there are no shops in the whole town that sell Nintendo accessories. I know they are old, but surely the Nintendo 64 market, would have been better to keep going than the Gameboy Advance.
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The number of games in SR has actually gone up in the last few weeks. My local EB (Chatham) still sells N64 games and EB and GAME in Bluewater sells loads of new but mostly second hand games. Gameplay.co.uk still has a decent range and I think Amazon still sell some games. Chips World also seems to sell a wide range of new and use N64 games.

Some games are still being produced, all SR's games must still be being produced and maybe a few more. One game I want is World Driver Championship, no one seems to sell it online but I'll try some more shops. Most games aren't being produced as there is not enough demand. You can't expect 3 or 4 year old games to still be in production.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:24
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
jc99041 wrote:
Do you like Pilotwing? i love that game!! It was
> great on the 64 so imagine it with the cubes power!!... :)mmmmm j

Damn right I loved pilotwings!! It was a fantastically addictive game, and a delight to play. Hard to master, but great fun. I really hope a sequel is on the cards - after all, it was on SNES first, then N64!

Fingers crossed X

N64 RIP
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:22
"Mimmargh!"
If you read the SR club magazine you will see over the past year its section gets smaller and smaller, now it takes up a mere half a page. You can also observe that its previous space is being consumed by the GameCube so I think your going to have to assume that by June no N64 games will be in SR.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:06
Regular
"hit the road jack"
GpotterUK wrote:
> Dead but not forgotten!! I'm resting my hopes on the Gamecube setting off where
> the N64 was in it's prime!

Sequels I'd love to see from the N64:

-
> Goldeneye 2
- Pilotwings 2
- Blast corps 2

Any more for any more?!

Do you like Pilotwing? i love that game!! It was great on the 64 so imagine it with the cubes power!!... :)mmmmm j

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.