GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX-GAMECUBE-PS2-DREAMCAST Vote your Favourite now!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
Hello this is to settle it once and for all what is your favourite next gen console nows your chance to have your say so VOTE NOW and i will add up the results and tell you tommorow the winner and the loser

I will start although i have a PS2 i would have to say:

XBOX

As it has the most prospects.
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
Hello this is to settle it once and for all what is your favourite next gen console nows your chance to have your say so VOTE NOW and i will add up the results and tell you tommorow the winner and the loser

I will start although i have a PS2 i would have to say:

XBOX

As it has the most prospects.
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:17
Regular
Considering the GameCube isn't out yet, this will be a biased vote. If people answer GameCube, they have to already have played one, otherwise their answers would be invalid.
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edgy's on the ball:)

Anyway, my favourite is the Dreamcast. Although commercially a flop, it was easy to develop for, introduced online gaming on a worldwide stage, introduced analogue buttons, the VMU was portable gaming and linked to the arcade machine, and most of all...

The games are some of the most original of their time!
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:21
As it stands X Box is not selling well. Sony have already dispatched 25million PS2's, Game Cube hasn't sold that well in Japan, and well if the Dreamcast had sold well, it'd have more than one game released per quarter for it...

However, unless sales figures make you tick then they should make no difference in your choice of favourite. Having played and owned all but the Game Cube, I can say that my favourite for the raw talent in original gaming alone, has to be Sega's white Dragon, the Dreamcast. Sadly, not 'that' ('that' being 'enough' in retail terms at least) many people owned one.

The PlayStation 2 is the best investment at the moment, but I don't think gamers generally have the same ideas as Charles Schwab. X Box is the most powerful out there, it's also got the best looking and sounding games, yet that controller is awfully big - did Microsoft genuinely believe that everyone outside of Japan had double sized hands? It's selling "ok" but not well enough according to everyone, and already we've got magazines and websites talking about how it's the next Dreamcast, MS need only reduce the price by £50 and it'd be ok. Halo is awesome though, everyone should get that.

Game Cube? Never played it. Love that advert. It's Nintendo, so it's going to be a favourite of many, many people - so much so that people will pretend that they've played on one, and vote for it in this mini voting poll type thing. It's a pure gaming machine, judge not a screenshot, but those in game visuals on the commercial don't look too hot from where I'm sitting. But who knows?

So my fave, the DC, but only in terms of how it has some incredibly original and funky games.

Thanks

Now, go read my 2000 word post.

VOO DOO MAN
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Voodoo- the GC is selling VERY well in Japan, and in America is exceeding Ninty's predictions.

Compared to the PS2 it's sales are low, but when you consider the demographics of the audience, and the sales of the N64 in Japan in comparisson, then the console is getting a slice back of the market.

The Xbox has crashed in Japan. The games are simply not what Japanese gamers want! It's a Western console with Western games. It is, however, doing extremely well in America, beating GC sales. That alone assures us that the Xbox will be here to stay.

However, good point to point out that sales are not equal to quality- otherwise the DC would be here.

And yes, the PS2 is clearly the best investment simply because it's too late for developers to jump ship! (and it plays PS1 games:)
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:46
Sorry, I heard the N G C hadn't been selling too hotly in Japan, I sit, draped across my chair, half asleep, corrected.

The PlayStation 1 is responsible for so much of today's gaming swings...

Never liked the first PS.
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:49
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Voodoo- the GC is selling VERY well in Japan, and in America is exceeding
> Ninty's predictions.

Compared to the PS2 it's sales are low, but when you
> consider the demographics of the audience, and the sales of the N64 in Japan in
> comparisson, then the console is getting a slice back of the market.

You'll never believe how glad i was to read that!
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:51
Dringo wrote:

You'll never believe how glad
> i was to read that!

Try us?

Black NGC looks alright, could get one I guess...
Sun 07/04/02 at 11:18
Regular
so far the Dreamcast is winning everyone get voting theres still 7 hours to go and the Black Gamecube does look pretty cool but the Purple one is disgusting.
Sun 07/04/02 at 13:01
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Voodoo- the GC is selling VERY well in Japan, and in America is exceeding
> Ninty's predictions.

Compared to the PS2 it's sales are low, but when you
> consider the demographics of the audience, and the sales of the N64 in Japan in
> comparisson, then the console is getting a slice back of the market.

What people aren't taking into consideration is Panasonic's "Q" wasn't included as the GameCube on that chart so many people have quoted figures from.

I think I read on cube-europe that if it had been included under the name GameCube on that chart, the scores would be a bit more even between the Playstation 2 and GameCube.

Anyway, as you said the GameCube is doing very well in Japan and America, probably better than the N64 did, and so far in Japan (not America) it's doing a hell of a lot better than the X-box.

American's are bound to favour the X-box though, seing as it's made by their God, sorry President. (Come on, with all that money he must have some influence :) ) Microsoft aren't always the favourite company by the Americans, but it's their first major console ever (as far as I'm aware)!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.