GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to update "Grand Prix 3" / "Grand Prix 3 2000 Season" with 2002 season data"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
Usually it is only First-Person Shooter games whose modifications communities get extensive recognition, and so the huge community support behind Geoff Crammond's brilliant Grand Prix series often gets overlooked. However the collaboration of a wide range of very talented coders, artists and such allow you to modify Grand Prix 3 to recreate not only the latest season, but also many earlier seasons, the Amcerican CART series, F3000 and more.

What many people overlook, for example, is that because the programmers cannot include tobacco advertising in their software many of the cars in the game appear only as they do in certain countries where tobacco advertising is banned. GP3 editing software allows you to change this and much, much more.

The bulk of downloads for GP3 / GP3-2000 can be found at GP3.com. In this post I will outline some of the best examples of GP3 software and add-ons.

GP3 / GP3-2000 No CD Patch - a fairly small download that copies files that usually stay on the GP3 CD onto your computer so they can be modified. An essential download if you intend to update your GP3 season.

GP3 Official Patch v1.13 - the final GP3 update remedies many graphic and control problems.

GPxPatch - At v2.21 as I write, this excellent utility adds improved sound quality, TV-style graphics, and an easy interface for installing new tracks, new car sets and updating the games' physics. Another essential download.

GP3 Edit - Allows you to change practically everything graphical in the game including car skins, helmets, pit crews, tyres etc... Also allows you to change how well each driver performs in the race and qualifying and assign varying levels of horsepower and reliability to each team. You can even change points distribution! Perhaps not essential but still extremely useful.

GP3 Car Editor - Allows you to import a different car model, many of which are available for each different season. The 2002 models, for exmaple, are more low-profile and slimmer than the cars of 1998 as in Grand Prix 3. Also allows you to update the on-board cameras to have cameras closer to those you see on television such as the roll-bar T-cam. Another great utility.

GP3 Advanced Physics Editor - Die-hard F1 fans will want to ensure that the new cars lap the circuits at roughly the same speed as they do in real life. This utility allows you to do just that, and many authors release patches after each Grand Prix so that you can tweak the performances accordingly.

GP3 Video - Although full-length replays are possible in GP3-2000, those with only the original GP3 can use this excellent utility to view full-length race replays.

-----

A quick guide to updating GP3/GP3-2000 to the 2001 season.

The best all-round update in my opinion is that by Ralph Hummerich.

Not only does this give a 2001-car shape plus all the new team graphics for both within the game and the menu systems, but cleverly it automatically switched the graphics on each car as appropriate so that you have tobacco-sponsored cars at the correct rouns (eg. Malaysia, Brazil) and non-tobacco-sponsored cars at others. It even includes the livery changes present at the 2001 Italian Grand Prix after the 11/9/2001 terrorist attacks when Ferrari ran with no advertising at all. The driver changes from team to team are also replicated.

The Ralph Hummerich Season 2001 patch is available from http://www.emac.de/gp3/designer/rh/index.html. To install it completely you will require the GP3 v1.13 official patch (if running the original GP3), GP3 Car Editor and the GPxPatch, all of which are avilable at www.grandprix3.com. The complete your 2001 season you will need to download the new circuits, all of which can be found at the same site.

I strongly advise GP3 fans to have a look at some of the brilliant work of the highly talented GP3 modding community.
Thu 13/03/14 at 07:02
Regular
Thank you Cheryl!
Fri 10/01/14 at 12:13
Regular
Hi my name is Cheryl, and I would just like to say how fabulous Cwtch is.Cwtch is a locally run support group for young adults who have long term or chronic health issues. CWTCH rovides suppot and information regarding not only things about your conditions but many wider areas, such as diet, nutrition, stress, anxiety, and lots more. Its a fabulous way of being able to share you condition, worries and even tips with others. And now cwtch have gone one step better, you can chat online. Brilliant idea.....
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:49
Usually it is only First-Person Shooter games whose modifications communities get extensive recognition, and so the huge community support behind Geoff Crammond's brilliant Grand Prix series often gets overlooked. However the collaboration of a wide range of very talented coders, artists and such allow you to modify Grand Prix 3 to recreate not only the latest season, but also many earlier seasons, the Amcerican CART series, F3000 and more.

What many people overlook, for example, is that because the programmers cannot include tobacco advertising in their software many of the cars in the game appear only as they do in certain countries where tobacco advertising is banned. GP3 editing software allows you to change this and much, much more.

The bulk of downloads for GP3 / GP3-2000 can be found at GP3.com. In this post I will outline some of the best examples of GP3 software and add-ons.

GP3 / GP3-2000 No CD Patch - a fairly small download that copies files that usually stay on the GP3 CD onto your computer so they can be modified. An essential download if you intend to update your GP3 season.

GP3 Official Patch v1.13 - the final GP3 update remedies many graphic and control problems.

GPxPatch - At v2.21 as I write, this excellent utility adds improved sound quality, TV-style graphics, and an easy interface for installing new tracks, new car sets and updating the games' physics. Another essential download.

GP3 Edit - Allows you to change practically everything graphical in the game including car skins, helmets, pit crews, tyres etc... Also allows you to change how well each driver performs in the race and qualifying and assign varying levels of horsepower and reliability to each team. You can even change points distribution! Perhaps not essential but still extremely useful.

GP3 Car Editor - Allows you to import a different car model, many of which are available for each different season. The 2002 models, for exmaple, are more low-profile and slimmer than the cars of 1998 as in Grand Prix 3. Also allows you to update the on-board cameras to have cameras closer to those you see on television such as the roll-bar T-cam. Another great utility.

GP3 Advanced Physics Editor - Die-hard F1 fans will want to ensure that the new cars lap the circuits at roughly the same speed as they do in real life. This utility allows you to do just that, and many authors release patches after each Grand Prix so that you can tweak the performances accordingly.

GP3 Video - Although full-length replays are possible in GP3-2000, those with only the original GP3 can use this excellent utility to view full-length race replays.

-----

A quick guide to updating GP3/GP3-2000 to the 2001 season.

The best all-round update in my opinion is that by Ralph Hummerich.

Not only does this give a 2001-car shape plus all the new team graphics for both within the game and the menu systems, but cleverly it automatically switched the graphics on each car as appropriate so that you have tobacco-sponsored cars at the correct rouns (eg. Malaysia, Brazil) and non-tobacco-sponsored cars at others. It even includes the livery changes present at the 2001 Italian Grand Prix after the 11/9/2001 terrorist attacks when Ferrari ran with no advertising at all. The driver changes from team to team are also replicated.

The Ralph Hummerich Season 2001 patch is available from http://www.emac.de/gp3/designer/rh/index.html. To install it completely you will require the GP3 v1.13 official patch (if running the original GP3), GP3 Car Editor and the GPxPatch, all of which are avilable at www.grandprix3.com. The complete your 2001 season you will need to download the new circuits, all of which can be found at the same site.

I strongly advise GP3 fans to have a look at some of the brilliant work of the highly talented GP3 modding community.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.