GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which should I buy: Maximo or Max Payne?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 18:16
Regular
I want to buy either Maximo or Max Payne but I can't decide which one to get as they both look and sound good. Which would you recommend I get?

What are the good and bad points about the above games?....and how long does it take to complete the above games?

Thanks if you can help me decide which game to get.
Sun 07/04/02 at 08:33
Regular
Thanks for the advice, I think I will go for Max Payne.

I don't like to rent games before I purchase a game because this ruins the game slightly imo.

If FFX was out I would get that instead of Max Payne or Maximo.

Thanks for your help
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
they are both good games - I have played both, however id rent them out to see which one you like, you may like one more than the other. You will get peoples different opinions on here but you may have a complete different one. Depends on what you like really.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Bah"
Max Payne by about 12.9 Miles exactly
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:29
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I would have to say Maximo because it seems to be very origional where as Max Payne seems to be one of the ever popular Shoot 'em ups. You also want to save your mony until Timesplitters two comes out!
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:26
Regular
I would have to say Max Payne as i don't actually know what type of game Maximo is.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Max Payne is hard at times but has a good storyline and can be very atmospheric at times. Bullet time is a great feature and despite what the reviews say you can see the bullets in the air...... its annoying at times, but never as jerky as the reviews in many magazines suggest. Overall its fun and has a high replay value because the gun fights are great fun and theres a big selection of weaponry.

Maximo is basiacally Super Mario 3d crossed with Ghost And Goblins. Its very nice to look at but infuriatingly hard at times - at least to me anyway.

Max payne is a safe bet, but if you buy quite a few games then try Maximo..
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:20
Regular
Buy maximo
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:17
Regular
Max Payne
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:16
Regular
I want to buy either Maximo or Max Payne but I can't decide which one to get as they both look and sound good. Which would you recommend I get?

What are the good and bad points about the above games?....and how long does it take to complete the above games?

Thanks if you can help me decide which game to get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.