GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'ADSL Usage' warning email and online stats"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/14 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
This morning I received an email from Freeola warning me:

"Last month, we noticed an unusually high amount of usage during the Off-Peak periods on your account."

I monitor things quite closely so was surprised to see this - but I do encourage my kids to use off-peak hours for TV etc.
Checking the online usage stats it looks like something strange might be going on?

Rather than 'last month' it looks like the excessive usage was recorded this weekend - nearly 500GBs so far! My router gets turned off at night so it's only been on for about 16 hours this weekend - so I don't think my olde worlde line on a 5Mb IP Profile could physically download that much data in that time?!

When I last checked my router yesterday evening only a few GBs had been downloaded rather than 500.

I'll raised a Support Ticket to cover this but thought it was worth a post to see if others are seeing this. If this is a reporting bug then I guess this would produce quite a large bill if it runs into peak hours...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 08/01/14 at 00:19
Regular
o dear, not there year so far ... messed up emails :(
also i seem to have ALOT in my inbox too ?
Mon 06/01/14 at 22:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
As those days seem to have been the 'trouble' days, our Wholesaler has fixed the usage information by removing these days from the affected accounts.

They have not yet got back to us to confirm whether or not these have been removed permanently.

Thanks Butch ... let's hope so :¬D
Mon 06/01/14 at 19:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
As those days seem to have been the 'trouble' days, our Wholesaler has fixed the usage information by removing these days from the affected accounts.

They have not yet got back to us to confirm whether or not these have been removed permanently.
Mon 06/01/14 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
All looks good now.

600+GBs removed from usage stats and today's figures look accurate.

Also received email saying ignore the previous warning :¬)

Looks much better now ... except the 3rd, 4th and 5th January are missing from the stats ...
Mon 06/01/14 at 15:52
"Are you sure?"
All looks good now.

600+GBs removed from usage stats and today's figures look accurate.

Also received email saying ignore the previous warning :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 05/01/14 at 19:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Apparently my total download today, alone, was:

Sun 5th January

Total download: 319.95 GB
Total upload: 8.72 GB

Hay ho ... both have been in Mb since the start of this present invoice!
Sun 05/01/14 at 17:17
"Are you sure?"
I've suggested to Freeola that they might like to send a follow up email to those that received one saying it was an error.

At peak times this would add up to quite a lot:
"Overusage will be charged at a rate of 72p per GB (or part thereof)."
I'm not sure if that includes VAT?

So hopefully things will be corrected before tomorrows peak usage and people start to panic.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 05/01/14 at 16:53
Regular
yep same here, had a usage total of 620GB this morning
its now at 660GB !!
yes very glad it was off-peak and not on-peak fault !!
Sun 05/01/14 at 11:29
"Are you sure?"
UPDATE

The Status page has been updated with an item covering this.

Since writing earlier my MyFreeola Usage Stats show an addition 30GB has been downloaded when IRL my router shows half a GB.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 05/01/14 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
This morning I received an email from Freeola warning me:

"Last month, we noticed an unusually high amount of usage during the Off-Peak periods on your account."

I monitor things quite closely so was surprised to see this - but I do encourage my kids to use off-peak hours for TV etc.
Checking the online usage stats it looks like something strange might be going on?

Rather than 'last month' it looks like the excessive usage was recorded this weekend - nearly 500GBs so far! My router gets turned off at night so it's only been on for about 16 hours this weekend - so I don't think my olde worlde line on a 5Mb IP Profile could physically download that much data in that time?!

When I last checked my router yesterday evening only a few GBs had been downloaded rather than 500.

I'll raised a Support Ticket to cover this but thought it was worth a post to see if others are seeing this. If this is a reporting bug then I guess this would produce quite a large bill if it runs into peak hours...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.