GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"free website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/12/13 at 10:39
Regular
Hi, I am looking to set up a web site that about a hundred community boxing clubs and there members can visit, along with the general public. The web site would consist of all day to day information that they would all need such as notifications of championships or upcoming boxing events or even rule changes etc.

The boxing clubs are all ran by volunteers and so there is no money available, hence me looking for a free website. Is there such a thing?

Freeola appears to be free but are there hidden charges or future charges?

If a website was made with the free package, does this last forever or is there a charge imposed in order to continue using it?

Many thanks in advance for any replies
Mon 25/08/14 at 11:20
Here is a tutorial for a Wiki PBworks is particularly good for this sort.

Use Freeola for a nice attractive website. PBworks is not attractive but it is functionally very good for organising and drafting things.

I have used it to run local election campaign for example, with many people entering jobs they are going to do leaflet a street then mark that job done.

[Link=http://youtu.be/-dnL00TdmLY?list=PLq7j35icu0tfeHJ_MNd94KTq-ohnOacu2] [/link Tutorial]
Sun 29/12/13 at 19:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Hmmm ... was about to say the same, after much deliberation as how to 'put it'.

It's about time that Freeola produced a 'basic guide' to their services ,,, what you get for what ... the existing guides are not that informative!

Spell it out ...

For free AND WHAT YOU NEED, you get this etc etc

For money, you get this etc etc

See what I mean ;¬)
Sun 29/12/13 at 15:20
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I take it you've had a good read of Freeola's website offerings?

Their free sub-domains called Freeola500 work well and there's a large choice of names to choose from. My own play site has had 4.8million pages views so far :¬)

Or you can choose to register a co.uk (or similar) domain for around a tenner for two years - again these work well.

Before you get started you should note that you need to connect to the internet via a Freeola connection to make use of the free hosting. I use their ADSL but you could also use an occasional dialup connection to update the site.

Otherwise you need to be looking at their VIP or InstantPro offerings which aren't free.

I'm happy to try to answer any queries you may have :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 29/12/13 at 10:39
Regular
Hi, I am looking to set up a web site that about a hundred community boxing clubs and there members can visit, along with the general public. The web site would consist of all day to day information that they would all need such as notifications of championships or upcoming boxing events or even rule changes etc.

The boxing clubs are all ran by volunteers and so there is no money available, hence me looking for a free website. Is there such a thing?

Freeola appears to be free but are there hidden charges or future charges?

If a website was made with the free package, does this last forever or is there a charge imposed in order to continue using it?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.