GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda : The new look , what do you think?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
What is your opinion of the new cel-shaded look of Zelda for the Gamecube? Are you disapointed at the big N's decision to change Link's look or do you welcome it with open arms? Please post your opinions!
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:54
"Mimmargh!"
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh, but the game better have some serious gameplay. And I didn't like the Jetset graphics, thats just my personal view. It was only a few years ago that software designers were promising photorealistic graphics, I know gameplay is the most crucial factor by far, but cel shading seems a bit of a backtrack too me.

Zelda probably will be good but I won't by it before playing a demo or trying in store first unless it gets 85% or over. Its not even near completion yet, anyways.
Tue 09/04/02 at 15:48
Regular
So you wont buy it because of the cel-shaded look? What if it gets those high 90's scores in the mags, gets sold out everywhere, and wins BAFTA's again? Would you still be against buying it because of the graphics?

Why don't you take Miyamoto's advice and wait til you've played it before judging it.
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:55
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
i think it is a bad desicion to use the cel shadeding compared to 3d like on the n64. i wouldn't buy it but i bet it still proves popular with most people plus you have to think about the other parts of the game as well like gameplay.
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:48
the 64 zeldas going to be better
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:30
Regular
Protoss wrote:
> Worst animation ever.

If they release a cell-shaded Zelda game on the Cube I
> won't buy it.

Worst animation ever? It's a hell of a lot better than with realistic graphics! See Jet Set Radio if you don't believe me!
Sun 07/04/02 at 10:33
I liked the look of the video of Zelda they showed at E3 where Link and Ganondorf were having a sword fight. The graphics were class! But Nintendo had to bloody change it didn't they!
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:27
"Mimmargh!"
Worst animation ever.

If they release a cell-shaded Zelda game on the Cube I won't buy it.
Sat 06/04/02 at 17:56
"+ suspicious minds"
some idiot rote in a nameless mag that the new look look MGAICAL! what? if we want a "magical" cartoony rpg well go with disney.

gamecube special fx will make it look more magical than any cartoon, hands down
Sat 06/04/02 at 15:46
Regular
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> i hate cell shading - its just an excuse to not put as much detail into games

Are you sure? Read Dringo's topic called "Shaded Cel" in Fog Prime...
Sat 06/04/02 at 15:44
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Even more than the old one? mygod...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.