GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Padvance"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 13:42
Regular
Now we know the GBA will link up to GC and perform all sorts of different stuff, e.g. guide rockets, see game status. I was wondering what it could be used for in Zelda. I thought it would be an excellent idea to use on the "stealthy" side of things so I was wondering how it would be used. I reckon It should be used to see around corners, see the dungeon map or quickly select a weapon.
Can't u just imagine leaping out from behind a corner, equipping your hookshot in mid-air and pulling your foe right up to so u could smash him right in the face with your sword!!!!!!!Wouldn't that rule!!!!!?????

After thinking about this I thought about Perfect Dark Zero. I reckon it should be used to look behind u or in a "3rd person" cam! Or selecting a certian angle to hold your weapon at
e.g. having 1 gun pointing to the right and the other to the left and Simultaenusly blasting both gaurds! Maybe you could even control the camspy with the GBA!!!

How about a Jet Force Gemini update? A second player could use the GBA to control Floyd! Or in PD a Dr. Caroll type AI or as mentioned, the cam spy.

Nintendo could bring out game demos on a gamecube disk. Then GBA demos could be saved onto a blank cart via the GC GBA link. Small mutiplayer games could be loaded on as well such as grapically improved game and watch games ect.

Kirby for GC will come with a blank GBA cart that can be used to download data from GC discs (and not just Kirby), so game demos are possible. Animal Forest is another possibility and we allready know that Sonic will link up with GC!!!

OK, I know all these ideas have virtually no chance of happening but wouldn't it be great!!!???
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Calm Down, I did say these ideas are virtually impossible, but im trying to be imaginitive!!!
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:26
as Boss Pac-Man said the gba would not be capable of performin 3rd p/v etc. as it would have to b in 2D (or rubbish 3D). nice idea but it aint gonna happen. i recon the gba could be used as a memory card type device, eg download new weapons/costumes etc and then bring the gba to a friends house... you get the idea.

Glucose_Addict.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:13
"+ suspicious minds"
the game boy advance is not capable of this. it is lcd. you could use it like a map in doom, but not as an extra camera.

i dont really see the point of using it as an extra screen, i reckon it would only be good for downloading weopons or items or stuff, because you would have to look at the gba screen, and the tv, thus making it near impossible to moniter both
Sat 06/04/02 at 16:24
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Great ideas mate !!!
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Now we know the GBA will link up to GC and perform all sorts of different stuff, e.g. guide rockets, see game status. I was wondering what it could be used for in Zelda. I thought it would be an excellent idea to use on the "stealthy" side of things so I was wondering how it would be used. I reckon It should be used to see around corners, see the dungeon map or quickly select a weapon.
Can't u just imagine leaping out from behind a corner, equipping your hookshot in mid-air and pulling your foe right up to so u could smash him right in the face with your sword!!!!!!!Wouldn't that rule!!!!!?????

After thinking about this I thought about Perfect Dark Zero. I reckon it should be used to look behind u or in a "3rd person" cam! Or selecting a certian angle to hold your weapon at
e.g. having 1 gun pointing to the right and the other to the left and Simultaenusly blasting both gaurds! Maybe you could even control the camspy with the GBA!!!

How about a Jet Force Gemini update? A second player could use the GBA to control Floyd! Or in PD a Dr. Caroll type AI or as mentioned, the cam spy.

Nintendo could bring out game demos on a gamecube disk. Then GBA demos could be saved onto a blank cart via the GC GBA link. Small mutiplayer games could be loaded on as well such as grapically improved game and watch games ect.

Kirby for GC will come with a blank GBA cart that can be used to download data from GC discs (and not just Kirby), so game demos are possible. Animal Forest is another possibility and we allready know that Sonic will link up with GC!!!

OK, I know all these ideas have virtually no chance of happening but wouldn't it be great!!!???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.