GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SPECIAL RESERVE YOU'VE RUINED MY LAUNCH DAY..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
o.k this may be a harsh topic but it's true,
i pre-ordered my gamecube about 1 month ago and i was looking forward to my nice "Jedi Bundle" with two official controllers, 1 official memory card and rogue leader all for a mere £234.99.

so i'm nice and happy with my deal until about one hour ago, when i checked out ukgamecube.co.uk and discovered they've axed the jedi bundle and are now doing a "Bonus Pack" which consists of rogue leader, one official controller, one un-official controller and one un-official memory card, for £216.99

now i know most people are probably thinking what's the problem? well I'll tell ya',
I hate un-official stuff, it's cheap, it's tacky and it doesn't offer the same amount of comfort and enjoyment of the official counter part (except for the Xbox pad),
also i don't know about other people but un-offical items usually in my case stop working (nearly all my old N64 cards busted), and i hear Electronic's Boutique are doing two offcial pads, one officialy card, rogue leader and sonic adventure 2 for £250.

so please special reserve bring back the Jedi bundle or this other bundle "I heard" you were doing which was two official pads, one official card, rogue leader and luigi's mansion for £250!!!

now that is a good deal.
Mon 08/04/02 at 19:26
u have never won ashman!
Mon 08/04/02 at 19:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Gangsta2002 wrote:
> how do you actually win this game a day thing,

can someone gimme tips, do u
> win in these forums?

and yeah it's good i got friday off, but the monday is a
> bank holiday so while i get four days of playing on my GC you still get three!

To win Gameaday, you gotta post the best message or review in that day. Keep posting well and one day you'll win!!!
Mon 08/04/02 at 19:02
how do you actually win this game a day thing,

can someone gimme tips, do u win in these forums?

and yeah it's good i got friday off, but the monday is a bank holiday so while i get four days of playing on my GC you still get three!
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:51
lucky taht you have a day off! I'm making my mum stay in and recieve the package lol!

I'm getting rogue leader , and super monkey ball - if i win another gad i may get another game
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:47
"Ruined! Is such a harsh word"

nah man, i don't want no cheap crap un-official monkey nuts of a pad!!!

the thing is i pre-ordered it like 3 weeks ago and never got any confirmation, so i rang up yesterday and asked where my confirmation thing through the post is and they're like "we sent it yesterday".

and so thanks to what some people have posted i might get the basic pack and then just buy additional stuff.

i got £370 so i think that should cover the 5 games i want:

Luigi's Mansion, ISS 2, Wave Race, Rogue Leader and smash brothers (although not out on launch).

what games are you lot getting?

and for some reason my school have issued a day off on the 3rd of MAY.
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:26
Regular
Pretty Unlucky
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Gangsta2002 wrote:
> o.k this may be a harsh topic but it's true,
i pre-ordered my gamecube about 1
> month ago and i was looking forward to my nice "Jedi Bundle" with two
> official controllers, 1 official memory card and rogue leader all for a mere
> £234.99.

so i'm nice and happy with my deal until about one hour ago,
> when i checked out ukgamecube.co.uk and discovered they've axed the jedi bundle
> and are now doing a "Bonus Pack" which consists of rogue leader, one
> official controller, one un-official controller and one un-official memory card,
> for £216.99

now i know most people are probably thinking what's the
> problem? well I'll tell ya',
I hate un-official stuff, it's cheap, it's tacky
> and it doesn't offer the same amount of comfort and enjoyment of the official
> counter part (except for the Xbox pad),
also i don't know about other people
> but un-offical items usually in my case stop working (nearly all my old N64
> cards busted), and i hear Electronic's Boutique are doing two offcial pads, one
> officialy card, rogue leader and sonic adventure 2 for £250.

so please
> special reserve bring back the Jedi bundle or this other bundle "I
> heard" you were doing which was two official pads, one official card, rogue
> leader and luigi's mansion for £250!!!

now that is a good deal.

Ruined! Is such a harsh word
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:40
i have a horrid feeling that somminks gonna go wrong. Perhaps i'm just pesimistic but i think the games will arrive and not the console for like until the tuesday - or vice versa! either way i'd be screwed! please let everything go smoothly!
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I got quite annoyed when I rang up to order the Jedi bundle and found the offer had changed!

So i'm now just gonna get the basic pack, and then buy all my other stuff (extra controllers n mem cards) from somewhere else!

:(
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
i have no problems yet but i am awating a call, i think??..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.