GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could be put in charge of a company..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/13 at 21:26
"possibly impossible"
Theoretical situation time, folks.

If you could be put in charge of a company, any company in the world;

Which company would it be?

Why?

Would you make any changes?
Wed 27/11/13 at 12:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
chasfh wrote:
Warhunt wrote:
[i]You could say that.

I managed to find a rare picture of Chas during his childhood years...

ChasFH growing up

It's all lies...

I never had a beard when I was younger...[/i]

Besides, my mum kept all the pictures of me in my younger days. There's some lovely woodcuts of me as a baby...

My first school photo was a write off though. I moved a half hour through the exposure.
Wed 27/11/13 at 12:19
"possibly impossible"
Heh. £4-£6 for a burger, chips and drink isn't too bad. Exeter's Christmas Market has opened up this week, though, and they have lovely Venison burgers and other meat to choose from, though it is £5 for just the burger.

There are also loads of food stands from various countries including several German Sausage stands.
Wed 27/11/13 at 12:14
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Warhunt wrote:
You could say that.

ChasFH growing up

It's all lies...

I never had a beard when I was younger...
Wed 27/11/13 at 12:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You could say that.

ChasFH growing up
Wed 27/11/13 at 10:33
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
I'm not sure you could improve a fast food company much without making it a proper restaurant with high prices and slow service.

A "restaurant" like the claims they make in all their advertising you mean?

Fast food has got to be the only industry (apart from financial institutions) in the modern world that blatantly allows all-out lying, misrepresentation and misdirection, and, sadly, in general we seem more than willing to swallow it (no pun intended).

There is a permanent unit in the market in our town that sells absolutely first rate burgers and hot dogs with fresh salad, real chips, excellent coffee and tea, for less money than the fast food "restaurants", AND the service is quicker, despite the fact that the queues are ridiculous; he must make a fortune.

Now, I get that a fast food place will have higher overheads, blah, blah, but that still doesn't explain why it takes 20 people to produce lesser quality food for a higher price while a couple of guys in a market unit seem capable of doing the same job faster and better, and with a smile on their faces and a bit of friendly chat.

And it certainly doesn't explain why the picture above the counter looks like it has fresh lettuce in it, a real piece of cow and a beautiful, flawless plump bun, but what they serve me looks like it's been run through their dishwasher (and by "dishwasher", I do mean the guy at the sink).

In terms of prices, I've never found fast food to be particularly cheap either, at least, not since I was a teenager (which, as some in the office would be glad to point out, was "some time ago").

Ah, it's good to rant once in a while!
Tue 26/11/13 at 16:26
"possibly impossible"
I'm not sure you could improve a fast food company much without making it a proper restaurant with high prices and slow service.

I'd like to be in charge of Nintendo and get them to speed up their games creation so we get more titles per year, but also work on the new hardware to make it a real innovation to compare to the next gen machines.
Sun 24/11/13 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Macdonalds...

I'd make the burgers look like the pictures on the menus...

...and the coffee actually taste like coffee...

Or KFC...

I'd source (sauce?..) chickens without varicose veins...
Thu 21/11/13 at 20:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This is deserving of a reply but I don't have one yet, it requires thought. No doubt it'd be a huge multi-national with political influence, so that I could do something benevolent with that power.
Wed 20/11/13 at 21:26
"possibly impossible"
Theoretical situation time, folks.

If you could be put in charge of a company, any company in the world;

Which company would it be?

Why?

Would you make any changes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.