GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"November 5 Downtime"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/13 at 08:35
Regular
Were the VIP7 servers down yesterday or was there some sort of problem? My users said they couldn't access my site and were seeing the message

"The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded a website. This domain name is hosted by Freeola, who provide free e-mail and website hosting. You can register your own domain names from GetDotted.com using the search box on the right, and take advantage of Freeola's free hosting offer!"
Wed 06/11/13 at 08:35
Regular
Were the VIP7 servers down yesterday or was there some sort of problem? My users said they couldn't access my site and were seeing the message

"The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded a website. This domain name is hosted by Freeola, who provide free e-mail and website hosting. You can register your own domain names from GetDotted.com using the search box on the right, and take advantage of Freeola's free hosting offer!"
Wed 06/11/13 at 11:44
"Are you sure?"
I believe there was a short blip on VIP yesterday - all looks fine now though :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 06/11/13 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I was switching over our primary DNS to a new server and it didn`t quite go to plan (zones built incorrectly). As soon as we realised the problem we blocked traffic to the primary DNS but the incorrect zone data will have propagated to other ISP`s DNS server and this will have been cached by them for an hour. The new DNS server seems to have been behaving since yesterday evening.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This should have been a seamless switch over!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.