GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad News here it comes"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 22:21
Regular
Xbox is a flop in Europe too - News
05-Apr-2002 11:57:05 BST
As if collapsing sales figures in Japan weren't bad enough, the Xbox this week had to face harsh facts here in Europe as well.

At launch the console performed strongest in the UK, selling some 48,000 units in its first weekend. Since then sales have gradually been slipping though, and last week (only its second full week on sale) saw the Xbox virtually vanquished from the UK all formats chart, according to the latest Chart Track figures.

Halo dropped from 4th to 13th, Project Gotham fell to 23rd, and somewhat embarrassingly Xbox covergirl Dead Or Alive 3 is currently being outsold by the Platinum re-release of Dead Or Alive 2 : Hardcore on the PS2.

No other Xbox exclusive titles are left in the all formats top 40, although if you discount PC games and console budget releases Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Star Wars: Obi Wan and Munch's Oddysee all squeeze into the lower reaches of the chart.

Either way it's not happy reading for Microsoft, and weekly hardware sales are thought to be down to four figure numbers in the UK already. A price cut would be good any time now, Redmond.

Related Feature - Xbox is a flop in Japan
Source - Chart Track

From Blueyonder Gaming website
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:21
Xbox is a flop in Europe too - News
05-Apr-2002 11:57:05 BST
As if collapsing sales figures in Japan weren't bad enough, the Xbox this week had to face harsh facts here in Europe as well.

At launch the console performed strongest in the UK, selling some 48,000 units in its first weekend. Since then sales have gradually been slipping though, and last week (only its second full week on sale) saw the Xbox virtually vanquished from the UK all formats chart, according to the latest Chart Track figures.

Halo dropped from 4th to 13th, Project Gotham fell to 23rd, and somewhat embarrassingly Xbox covergirl Dead Or Alive 3 is currently being outsold by the Platinum re-release of Dead Or Alive 2 : Hardcore on the PS2.

No other Xbox exclusive titles are left in the all formats top 40, although if you discount PC games and console budget releases Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Star Wars: Obi Wan and Munch's Oddysee all squeeze into the lower reaches of the chart.

Either way it's not happy reading for Microsoft, and weekly hardware sales are thought to be down to four figure numbers in the UK already. A price cut would be good any time now, Redmond.

Related Feature - Xbox is a flop in Japan
Source - Chart Track

From Blueyonder Gaming website
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Not good news. But if anyone can make Xbox a success its Bill and all his billons of $s.
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:31
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Well, it doesn't stop me from wanting one!

As soon as I have the cash, and XBox will be mine!
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:32
The fact that I already feel I have got my money's worth out of the x-box after one week shows how happy I am with mine
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent85 wrote:
> The fact that I already feel I have got my money's worth out of the x-box after
> one week shows how happy I am with mine

Iam also happy with mine. But Xbox needs sales to stay alive. The DC was also a good machine, and I was happy with it after spending the money on a launch machine. But the DC only really lasted 18 months over here, maybe 2 years. But there are hardly any games coming out for it now and shops dont stock the games after only 2 and a half years. I dont want the Xbox to be another DC, there are too many good games planned for it to be a dead console within a 2 year period.
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:57
With Bill and his millions he will aim at different markets now such as japan and europe now as US has got itself established
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
What Microsoft need to do is just keep getting the best games for the X-Box. From here word of mouth will soon spread. Everyone whos played on my X-Box has gone away wanting one. And I think everyone on here who owns an X-Box will agree with me in that playing on the console at home is a totally different and so much better experience than playing demos on a pod.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:05
Yep I agree mate
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:20
adrian wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> The fact that I already feel I have got my money's worth
> out of the x-box after
> one week shows how happy I am with mine

Iam also
> happy with mine. But Xbox needs sales to stay alive. The DC was also a good
> machine, and I was happy with it after spending the money on a launch machine.
> But the DC only really lasted 18 months over here, maybe 2 years. But there are
> hardly any games coming out for it now and shops dont stock the games after only
> 2 and a half years. I dont want the Xbox to be another DC, there are too many
> good games planned for it to be a dead console within a 2 year period.

I agree with both of yea my sons and I are very happy with our XBox I realy hope that they will bring out games like medal of Honor or some more war games I would even try and play them too we only have ours since the 14th march when it came out on midnight release
Ria
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:06
Regular
alrite - why is everyone so concerned about what the media think? ok so the x box may not be a sucess in japan. Well they love their sony and nintendo so thats not a suprise. If people say that the x box has not suceeded in europe, that is probably because of the launch date. Only 3 months after christmas (we have already posted loads about this!!) people will not shell out £300 ++ for an xbox and it is only big computer fans that will. Well this is most likely to change hopefully. In time for christmas the X Box and GC should be the publics favourite computers. I think MS logically did this release date. IF they released it in christmas time maybe rushed there would only be the current launch titles out. Now with this years christmas a fair bit away MS can get lots of classic games out and have a wide range for the "casual" gamer.

Any problems such as controller will hopefully be fixed, i personally dont find a problem with it! The ps1/2 controllers seem like lil baby toys now!!! Anyway every1 you shouldnt get worried, SEga's dreamcast (Rest In Peace!!) was awesome, the only reason why it failed was due to the financial backing of Sega, They blew alot of the money on the footy deal! do you really think MS is this poor? MS are a huge company all of there products are class for the home computer user, I think that they can afford the loses and not let the xbox sink to its grave!!!!

Laters, mebbe im wrong but i reckon i could be right!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.