GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many lives is the World Cup worth?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/10/13 at 08:35
"possibly impossible"
Millions of fans around the world will be looking foward to watching the 2022 World Cup but the already controversial Qatar location is looking worse by the day.

There's a lack of respect for human life. Three to four migrant workers are coming home daily in a box thanks to the harsh work and lack of safety or respect on the site.

Experts are estimating that over 1 million migrant workers could be at risk of modern slavery in Qatar between now and the 2022 World Cup; an average of twelve workers could die per week as things increase.

Surely this goes against any form of human rights and makes me wonder why Qatar was chosen in the first place?

Should the world cup be moved now at this early stage or should there be someone stepping in to keep it but ensure safety and human rights are upheld? Is it worth people dying for a form of entertainment?
Tue 29/10/13 at 11:59
"possibly impossible"
Russia is still hoping to win the world cup in 2018 by arresting everyone else as pirates...
Tue 29/10/13 at 11:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The following article seems to encompass all regarding Qatar and the 2022 World Cup ...

Qatar decision
Tue 29/10/13 at 09:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
.....makes me wonder why Qatar was chosen in the first place?

Probably something to do with money pb. MotoGP championship races there and the attendance figures are pathetic (think it was about 8,000 this year compared to around 130,000 for most of the big European rounds). Race has to be run in the middle of the night under floodlights because the first year they ran there (during daytime) the track temperature was so hot the tyres fell to bits after a handful of laps. Also I believe drinking is pretty much banned over there, that should go down well with the fans who do travel. Are Perrier sponsoring the tournament or something? Not exactly the first place you would think of holding a month long football tournament unless there are other rea$on$ which swayed the vote..?
Tue 29/10/13 at 08:35
"possibly impossible"
Millions of fans around the world will be looking foward to watching the 2022 World Cup but the already controversial Qatar location is looking worse by the day.

There's a lack of respect for human life. Three to four migrant workers are coming home daily in a box thanks to the harsh work and lack of safety or respect on the site.

Experts are estimating that over 1 million migrant workers could be at risk of modern slavery in Qatar between now and the 2022 World Cup; an average of twelve workers could die per week as things increase.

Surely this goes against any form of human rights and makes me wonder why Qatar was chosen in the first place?

Should the world cup be moved now at this early stage or should there be someone stepping in to keep it but ensure safety and human rights are upheld? Is it worth people dying for a form of entertainment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.