GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An extra hour."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/13 at 22:52
"possibly impossible"
The clocks go back this weekend, signalling the start of GMT and wintertime.

The good news is that this gives us an extra hour. While most will just be content with an hour to lay in, it got me thinking.

If you could have an extra hour at any time of the day, what would you do with it?

What about an extra day?
Fri 25/10/13 at 21:55
Regular
If I had an extra hour I would make the most of it and chill out and then mess around with friends afterwards idk realy
Fri 25/10/13 at 19:15
Regular
"eat toast!"
It would be to dedicate it to learning to draw. i still suck at it and i want to get better. shame really.
Thu 24/10/13 at 15:26
Regular
Did anyone else ever get confused when DST would kick in during a midnight movie and the guide would make it look like it was a ridiculously long film?
Thu 24/10/13 at 07:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
More accidents? What about spontaneous combustible clock death?
Tue 22/10/13 at 23:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Summer Time Act 1916 introduced the present farce
Tue 22/10/13 at 23:52
"possibly impossible"
It's supposed to allow for the darker hours. 'Studies' have shown there would be more accidents if we started earlier in the darker half of the year. But that doesn't mean we can't stay on GMT and forget BST.

The other issue is that Europe and the US also change their clocks and we'd be out of sync. I've seen the issues this can cause every time we're out by a week with the US (such as next week) and know how much it can impact business.
Tue 22/10/13 at 23:42
Regular
"How Ironic"
Why don't we just put the clocks back half an hour, and stop changing the time forever?
Tue 22/10/13 at 23:11
"possibly impossible"
But it makes a difference further down the line, whatever time you wake up.
Tue 22/10/13 at 23:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The 'extra hour' is actually counterproductive at this end of the 'mickey mouse' time shift pb ... it happens at 2am and I'd imagine that most people would be unconscious or totally not bothered at that time to make any decision has to how to put the 'extra hour' to any productive use except to stay where they are ;¬)
Tue 22/10/13 at 22:52
"possibly impossible"
The clocks go back this weekend, signalling the start of GMT and wintertime.

The good news is that this gives us an extra hour. While most will just be content with an hour to lay in, it got me thinking.

If you could have an extra hour at any time of the day, what would you do with it?

What about an extra day?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.