GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pointing website addresses to 1 website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/13 at 20:43
Regular
I have register 4 website names to but have only created one site on InstantPro and had the remaining 3 point to this one site. How to ensure these 3 names are also verified on a Google Search? Do I need to register them on my Google account and then how do I verify them?
Thu 17/10/13 at 09:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Here's Google's official way of dealing with multiple domains: Google Webmaster Help.

They recommend using a 301 redirect. You can do this using an .htaccess file or more simply by using Freeola's Redirection options in MyFreeola.

As all of your domains will show the same content you are telling Google which domain to use (to avoid duplicate content etc.).

I tell my client the biggest benefit with registering multiple domains is to stop competitors moving in and to avoid confusion for visitors ( i.e. Having the .com and co.uk is useful practice.) and not necessarily as a tool to improve SEO.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/10/13 at 20:43
Regular
I have register 4 website names to but have only created one site on InstantPro and had the remaining 3 point to this one site. How to ensure these 3 names are also verified on a Google Search? Do I need to register them on my Google account and then how do I verify them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.