GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help me Choose a GAD"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 11:24
Regular
Hey Guys & Gals,

Just want some help in what I should choose for my GAD?
So far I think the following are suitable but im not sure what to choose:

1. GTA3
2. Maximo
3. Virtua Fighter
4. ICO

I am strongly leaning towards Maximo/VF but are there any decent games coming out that I may pre-order?

(Dont mention FF X - As its already pre-ordereD :D)

Also are there any two player adventure games out there which I may want to claim?

Thanks for your help.
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:32
Regular
Good choice
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think i'll be goin for VF, I can get GTA 3 & Maximo cheap so no point claiming them, and also I like getting games when they are just released :)
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
In my experiance, ICO is probably worth renting before you go out and buy (or in your case claim) because it's only for some tastes.

I'd go with GTA if I were you. It's still the best PS2 game around.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:33
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
yerr, I think GTA3 will go platinum around the time that this Miami add on thing is released - to sell it in a bundle pack.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:30
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
Go for GTA3 or Ico becuase Maximo is crap but its up to you mate :).
Fri 05/04/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Doesn't a game come out on platinum once it has reached a certain sales mark? I > think that's how it works anyway.

If so, GTA3 shouldn't be long now. It may
> have only been released last November but if you think about Star Wars
> Starfighter - that has been out a long time but it's not even looked upon to be
> in the same league as GTA3. GTA has been on top of the charts for ages (until
> MGS2 came along) so it must be almost ready for a platinum release.

Mind you,
> I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm jsut guessing.

That sounds logical to me, hope GTA 3 comes out on platinum soon.

Anyway I think i'll probably get Virtua Fighter for my GAD win and wait for GTA to go platinum.

Thanks for the feedback people.

much appreciated.
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Doesn't a game come out on platinum once it has reached a certain sales mark? I think that's how it works anyway.

If so, GTA3 shouldn't be long now. It may have only been released last November but if you think about Star Wars Starfighter - that has been out a long time but it's not even looked upon to be in the same league as GTA3. GTA has been on top of the charts for ages (until MGS2 came along) so it must be almost ready for a platinum release.

Mind you, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm jsut guessing.
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
i think that you should get it now though.
it is a great game.

im sure you'll win another GAD sometime so then you could get the other game you wanted.
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
few months is fine by me :)
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Hmmm....."
i dont think it will really.
people are buying at the price it is at now anyway so i dont think they'll drop the price just yet.
maybe in a few months

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.