GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next accesory for the GBA."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/10/02 at 14:06
Regular
Awaiting me this morning was a nice package from America :) Oh yes it was my E-reader. After reading through lots of articles on the net and pictures in magazines I decided to buy one, and boy am I glad I did. The package I brought came with Donkey Kong Jr. a 5 card sample pack which includes 3 Pokemon cards, 1 game and watch 'Manhole' and one Animal Crossing card. It also came with an air hockey game which rules!

The package arrived about 5 minutes before I was off to play football for the morning, I had something to do in the car :) The first game i played was the air hockey one because it was so highly recommend by the seller. So I swiped it through the chunky accessory and I was away. The score was 6-0 to me but then the computer came back to whoop my butt 10-5 :( It's quite a hard game but it is pure excellence. I noticed that the E-reader could store 1 game at a time so you didn't have to swipe 5 cards through every time you wanted to play Donkey Kong Jr., I thought it was a nice little feature.

I should have been concentrating on the match ahead but how could I resist playing a quick 'ol game of Manhole. The music is great and as the time was only 9am I failed miserably and decided I better leave that one till later. I looked at what else was in the sample pack and saw that there were 3 pokemon cards. At first I was not impressed and thought that they could have put something else more appealing in the sample pack. Then I swiped all 3 cards through the E-reader and found out that the 3 cards actually formed to make a mini game. It was Mackoke and you had to smash rocks, it kept me addicted for about 15 minutes but then I had to open up the Donkey Kong Jr. pack.

After swiping through 10 sets of dots I was ready to play. I jumped up and started climbing up the ropes. Within 20 seconds I got eaten by a bug :( As they say try try and try again. Yes, Level one complete :P After dying again I decided to look at the box and leaflets and let my mate have a go at air hockey. I looked at the box to see what else I could get for my E-reader and Tennis and Excitebike will be my next 2 games I buy.

All in all I would say the E-reader is money well spent, just swiping the cards through is quite fun. I think this is a great bit of technology and makes the GBA more exciting and more advanced than any previous handheld. So if you GBA owners are feeling like your just waiting for the sequel to Golden Sun of the next in the series of Mario then get an E-reader.

**Kerrang!**
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:41
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Boz wrote:
> How sad are you guys?
>
> cant you wait for things to be released over here? or have you no
> lives at all so you have completed them all over here?
>
> now theres casual gamers, "true" gamers and hardcore gamers,
> you guys must be HARDCORE NUTS.

Actually I have family In America and this was one of my birthday presents... It's also cheaper over there so it's more like 'poor gamers'.
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:08
Regular
How sad are you guys?

cant you wait for things to be released over here? or have you no lives at all so you have completed them all over here?

now theres casual gamers, "true" gamers and hardcore gamers, you guys must be HARDCORE NUTS.
Sun 13/10/02 at 15:01
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Yep they are cheap. I've got a feeling it won't be up to everyone's expectations as the games are simple and not very long. But you never know how much they will charge in England. It is $49.99 and I got a feeling it will be £49.99 over here.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
I want it badly - the games are meant to be about a Fiver :)
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:36
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Joe Dark wrote:
> When does it come out in the UK?

Not for a little while yet. Some time next year I think.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:09
Regular
When does it come out in the UK?
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
BEARDS. wrote:
> It should get a toaster and coffee maker attachment.
------

Agreed.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It should get a toaster and coffee maker attachment.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:43
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
The games aren't all that long but there not that kind of game if you know what I mean. The games are more pick up and play ones. I haven't got bored yet and am enjoying it as much as when I first opened it. They will be bringing out more games for it too but at the moment there are only 5 available. The E-reader is just taking the GBA even further into world of the latest technology, which I think is cool.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
It sounds fun but it looks like you get bored of the games really quickly. they dont sound very long. do they take long to complete?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.