GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"4 weeks to go"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 10:17
Regular
So it's just 4 weeks until launch day now, so soon enough we shall have our Gamecubes.

The thing is I've known about it for o long now, and read previews of all of the games so many times, I'm nto able to get as excited as maybe I should be about them. Instead I'm scouring the internet looking for news on games we won't see for another year!

Of course, it will be a quite different matter when I actually get my Gamecube. Playing Luigi's Mansion is sure to be better than just reading about it.

At least I'm not hyping it out of all proportion, as we all know that doesn't often help at all, we end up feeling disappointed.

4 weeks will zip past, especially if the weather stays good.
Fri 05/04/02 at 16:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I went into town today to put a deposit down on a cube, I took £40 with me as I that would be more than enough. Anyway I went into three different game shops and one said they wern't taking orders because they have no information on the Gamecube's launch prices.

That was probably the most popular game shop in the whole of my area! They must live under a rock down there, this is the geek game shop too.

The other shop wanted a £50 deposit so that was no good and the last shop wasn't taking deposits because their supplier was risky and they wasn't sure of the exact number of machines they would get.

Useless.

There is one other shop that I didn't go to but that's not very popular for some reason and to be honest I forgot about it.

Not all is lost though as I found out that Argos are taking pre orders for a £20 deposit but you can only order the purple cube for some reason. I think I'll end up doing that in the end.

At launch I will be hopefully getting the cube, Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion and maybe Tony Hawks and a memory card.

Also I have Pikmin ordered already. Heh, three of those games are curtousy of SR GAD's, ha ha ha, ho ho ho.

:0)
Fri 05/04/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's an 8 week wait for me too.
Even if I am getting a Dreamcast in another 2 weeks or so, I should still have the money for a Cube in early June, after my 3 AS exams.

Is it me or can you pay it all later if it all adds up to over £250??? It'll be very handy for me if this is true! :D
Fri 05/04/02 at 14:41
Regular
Gonna me order the rest of my launch games later on today probably. Just got paid yesterday :)

Already ordered Luigi's mansion. Will probably order a memory card, Rogue Leader, Super Monkey ball...that should do for launch day. There are actually some games being released a week before launch aint there? Anyone know which games these are?
Fri 05/04/02 at 13:44
Regular
8 weeks to go! Yay! (I'm getting the 'Cube when I'll have the money....early June)
Fri 05/04/02 at 13:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
4 weeks???!!!! my god, i didnt know it was that close away! And i just spent my pennys on GBA! I better get saving! Thank for the reminder ;o)
Fri 05/04/02 at 10:17
Regular
"not dead"
So it's just 4 weeks until launch day now, so soon enough we shall have our Gamecubes.

The thing is I've known about it for o long now, and read previews of all of the games so many times, I'm nto able to get as excited as maybe I should be about them. Instead I'm scouring the internet looking for news on games we won't see for another year!

Of course, it will be a quite different matter when I actually get my Gamecube. Playing Luigi's Mansion is sure to be better than just reading about it.

At least I'm not hyping it out of all proportion, as we all know that doesn't often help at all, we end up feeling disappointed.

4 weeks will zip past, especially if the weather stays good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.