GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Diego Tristan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 08:30
Regular
Diego Tristan made a public apology for his tackle on David Beckham, saying that he was frustrated with the way the match had gone, but added that he was glad Beckham's injury wasn't serious.

I think it was good of him to make an apology, as he's not normally a dirty player, as such.
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
It's good that he made a public apology, but then again it only makes sense to.

I can't see any reason why more players don't come out and apologise for moments of idiocy.

I think Tristan did the sporting thing, accepted his error, and apologised for the damage it caused.
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:32
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Quinty wrote:
> someone will do him over at old trafford, shame keano isnt playing!

Fool. Although it was a horrific challenge, he apologised. I can understand his frustration, his team have done extremely well, one of the tournament's favourites to lift the cup and then they basically throw it away in 90 minutes.

Diego Tristan is a fantastic player so if someone did 'do him over' and seriously hurt him it would be a great shame, and a great loss to football. I'm not defending his tackle on Beckham, I'm just glad he is not seriously hurt. But two wrongs don't make a right.
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Figo wrote:
Well we don't know if he did apologise so that Fifa wouldn't give him a Red Card or if he turelly was sorry for injuring Beckham but anyway it was decent of him to apologise.

Well Fifa would not give him a red card anyway it would be UEFA. But it doesn't matter anyway, UEFA don't use Video Review panels like the Premiership do.
Sat 06/04/02 at 11:00
Regular
someone will do him over at old trafford, shame keano isnt playing!
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:58
Regular
Well we don't know if he did apologise so that Fifa wouldn't give him a Red Card or if he turelly was sorry for injuring Beckham but anyway it was decent of him to apologise.
Fri 05/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well done Diego, you did the right thing (after the challenge)!

But why did he do it??
Did he really feel guilty, or did he just feel that by apologising, FIFA and UEFA wouldn't consider giving him a red card!?? And maybe so that the other United players would go easier on him in the match at Old Trafford!?

Or is he really a pretty decent guy?? - A footballer!!? Nah!
But I can undertsand how he felt frustrated in the game.
Fri 05/04/02 at 14:01
Regular
Either way...He is still gonna get a nasty reception at OT next week.
Fri 05/04/02 at 13:40
Regular
Well, he wasnt exactly gonna come out and say that he wish he had crippled him...

Although yes, he could have just stayed quiet...
Fri 05/04/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed - full credit to him.

Things can happen in the heat of the moment.

not only a great player but also a good attitude.
Fri 05/04/02 at 13:15
Regular
"es argh"
That's good.

Not many players have the balls to apologise. Although it was an awful tackle, Becks wasn't hurt.

Thank God, Imagine if he was out for the World Cup! We'd have a national day of mourning.

I saw a picture in a paper the other day. It was a close up of Becks' ankle with the headline
"Englands World cup chances lie within this foot" or something along those lines

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.