GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Banjo's on XBox.... nooooo....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Banjo-Tooie'.
Sat 12/10/02 at 19:13
Regular
Raa! Banjo is coming out on X-Box!

www.xbox.com/news/0209/rarepressrelease.htm

:)
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:19
Regular
I dont see why you are all worrying about, worse comes to worse wait until christmas 2003 and buy the xbox for £20.

I think this will happen, out of 3 options:

Rare will be rushed and release games like banjo, PD and the others, and they will not be good as they are rushed, most developers have left and MS couldnt be bothered to help.
That and the fact of the por sales of Xbox and maybe that most people with them wont buy banjo and those sort of games as they are too "kiddy" for them. Meaning the sales will be bad, but MS being big headed as they are will continue rushing them and then the Xbox 2 will be worse and then they leave the console wars and nintendo buy rare back for a nice little sum meaning they make money out of it and show rare are only at home when they are with ninetendo.

or

with Xbox being a "money" company and just buying all the new stuff, like nintendo, and then aiming for the kinda people that go for nintendo consoles aim at. resulting in them picking too many opponents and then realising that nintendo will make more better games like "that" and then sony buying more than microsoft with them putting money it to "those" sort of games nintendo make.

or

Rare do brilliant and make loads of xboxs fly of the shelves, Xbox 2 then sells like hot cakes and nintendo or sony drop out like sega did.

microsoft have the most important move now in gaming industry. wrong way they leave the consoles to sony and nintendo and look losers...or more loserish than they do now. But right move and they are heading for world domination.

Those, this and kiddy actually means that they are aimed at the diffrent type of gamer, ones liking gameplay not graphics.

if you get my drift.
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:18
Regular
No not Banjo no one cares about Banjo. Mario was good because Nintendo made his small set of moves do loads of things. The way Banjo did it is just add to the moves until you were filled with them... the first was alright not so many moves (actually i loved the firs) but the second 2 Donkey Kong and Banjo-tooie were poor... and i mean really poor...

Conker and Perfect Dark will be missed, in place of PD there is Timesplitters and Metroid but for Conker there is nothing....
Sun 13/10/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Ahhhhhh! It can't come out on X Box Damm Microsoft. Damm Rare. Damm all of you!... Sorry got a bit carried away.Ahhhhhh!... I need to lie down, my neck hurts from the moshing i was doing last night.:D
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:30
Regular
"^_^"
Bill doesn't know what gaming is about. He can only think about his pocket getting filled with cash
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:01
"+ suspicious minds"
what? is the space bar gone faulty on my computer?
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:00
"+ suspicious minds"
i neverliked banjo games much, they were too complicated. toomany moves, too many puzzles. not like mario 64. simple, straight eneimy bashing and acrobatics. proper bo'!
Sun 13/10/02 at 09:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
RM18 wrote:
> I'm still in denial, and there's no point pretending like it doesn't
> matter, as we were all disappointed Rare left. OK, Chipsy? :)

Heh. I cannae hide it anymore

*scottish mode off*

OK, we'll all be sad that Rare have gone, but I still see the fact that there are loads of quality developers around, and I still think the future is bright for the Gamecube.

:)
Sun 13/10/02 at 09:34
Regular
"Festivus!"
Bill Gates has £100's of Billions (probably) and will kee funding that big black coffee table.
Sun 13/10/02 at 09:05
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
microsoft aren't going to go bust any time soon.
Sun 13/10/02 at 09:00
Regular
I'm still in denial, and there's no point pretending like it doesn't matter, as we were all disappointed Rare left. OK, Chipsy? :)

I'm gutted that Banjo won't be appearing on the GC - I don't see why Rare just couldn't have gone multi-format rather than exclusive to Xbox. Anyway, when Microsoft go bust soon, let's see if Rare come crawling back to Nintendo...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.