GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When Sonic Collides"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 00:50
Regular
In this topic I'll talk about Sonic's future, nintendo. Before we talk about the future' let's return to the past and remember Sega's last console, the Dreamcast.

The Dreamcast may be one of the best consoles that any person can remember. Although, it wasn't famous until the PS2 was out. So Sega closes its doors. So I'll talk in this article about my experience with the DC, its games and SA2.

9/9/99 Nice date, isn't it? It's more than a funny date, it was the launch of the DC. The DC was sold with 20 launch games, between them they were Soul Calibur (which many says is the best game ever to the DC, not me :), Power Stone and of course Sonic Adventure.

Calibur and Adventure were the top sellers of the DC. It was worth 200$ and I bought it 3 days after (My father did, he was in the US, I'm from Israel if you don't know) with a SA copy.

The game was short. Although, finishing it will take 7 hours in the first time. Sonic's adventure takes 2 hours. The game was in 30 frames per second so it wasn't a so amazing game but it was still fun. Although it was a bit slow and the adventure fields and Big's gameplay made the game very annoying.

2000 was a better year for the DC. Many hits like Jet Set Radio, Capcom vs. SNK, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. And it was the year of Sonic Shuffle. We thought that this game will be a successful party game that will be better than Mario Party. Well it wasn't that good. It was slow.

It wasn't Sonic at all... What was wrong with the music also? It's not sonic, Only Summer Mirage was good enough to listen to. And it was still 30 frames per second. Will Sonic survive?

2001 was the last year of the DC in my opinion. In February after the PS2 was out and many buyers preferred it than Sega's console. Sega declared that in this year the company won't develop more games to the console. So this was the DC worst year, although there were great last games: Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves, Phantasy Star Online (Sonic Team :) and of course Sonic Adventure 2, the best DC game all-time.

The game runs most 60 frames per second, with no adventure fields, no Big and cool plot, SA2 is the best game ever. And Shadow is probably the best Sonic character ever. I can write a huge article about the game, but if I do, I'll do that on SA2:B.

Now that Sega is a third company, each developer teams divided to its favorite console. AM2 with the PS2, SmileBit with the Box and AV and Sonic Team with the Gamecube.

So now let's think about the future of our blue hedgehog:

After the big fight between Sega and Nintendo, which was most active at the 1990's, we now must accept the idea that Sega is now a third party company, and they'll help the X-Box, The Playstation 2 and the Gamecube.

So what makes Nintendo be such a good company. I personally, about 13 years ago, always admired Sega, I was a die-hard Sega fan and I had every console, except the Saturn, not to mention that I had every Sonic Game that was out. So now it's hard to get the concept that now Sonic is on Nintendor and it's not a bad thing.

Mario is also a fun platformer, of course, when was a die hard Sega fan I didn't wanted to play any of his games. Today, OK you can say 2 years ago I played Mario's games and I pretty much liked them, but not one of those game can compete with Sonic's games.

IMO I would be glad to see Sonic in Super Smash Brothers Melee. Think about it, he'll have his spin dash, light dash, bounce attack, sonic wind, he'll be great. Shadow can be his copy, but he'll have chaos spear instead of Sonic Wind. Knuckles will be nice in this game also, with his punches, uppercut, drill claw, he can also be a great addition to this game, don't you think?

Well not all the things happen, but something like that did, a rumor that Sonic will show on Mario Kart for the Gamecube says offically that Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo.

Some people can't accept the idea that Sonic moved on to Nintendo and I don't get those people, with big names like Mario, Zelda and not mention Star Fox, it will help Sonic sell a lot of games. And only in his first week, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold 77,000 games only in its first week out and also he's selling pretty well in Japan and there he was a the 10 top selling games a lot of times.

So this moving is a bad thing or a good thing? Probably good, so if you want to see Sonic in the future, buy a Gamecube.

-----------------------------

Let's hope that the blue blur will be a bestseller in Europe and that SA3 will come out quickly.

Thanks for reading.
Fri 05/04/02 at 01:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
nice post there. In the 16 bit era I loved both Mario and Sonic. They were both different styles- Sonic was getting through levels quickly and efficiently, trying your best to take no damage, while collecting all the rings you could, and in places find some secret areas. Many Sonic games had multiple routes to each level, but it didn't often make much difference which route you took, except for maybe missing out on a secret area.

Mario was much more about exploration. Trying to find the alternate end of level areas to open up a new level, trying to figure out how to get to the next switch palace to make those oh so important outlined blocks appear, which would grant you access to yet MORE secrets. Mario was all about being able to play through the game, but them go back later and find a whole host of new places to explore and things to do.

I loved both. Unfortunately, I did not have the money for a Saturn as I was saving for the next Nintendo console (at the time the 'Ultra 64') and when the DC arrived, again I didn't have the money. I still don't, at least if I want that GmeCube. But hopefully the GameCube will allow me and my old friends Sega (and especially the Sonic gang) to be reunited...
Fri 05/04/02 at 00:50
Regular
In this topic I'll talk about Sonic's future, nintendo. Before we talk about the future' let's return to the past and remember Sega's last console, the Dreamcast.

The Dreamcast may be one of the best consoles that any person can remember. Although, it wasn't famous until the PS2 was out. So Sega closes its doors. So I'll talk in this article about my experience with the DC, its games and SA2.

9/9/99 Nice date, isn't it? It's more than a funny date, it was the launch of the DC. The DC was sold with 20 launch games, between them they were Soul Calibur (which many says is the best game ever to the DC, not me :), Power Stone and of course Sonic Adventure.

Calibur and Adventure were the top sellers of the DC. It was worth 200$ and I bought it 3 days after (My father did, he was in the US, I'm from Israel if you don't know) with a SA copy.

The game was short. Although, finishing it will take 7 hours in the first time. Sonic's adventure takes 2 hours. The game was in 30 frames per second so it wasn't a so amazing game but it was still fun. Although it was a bit slow and the adventure fields and Big's gameplay made the game very annoying.

2000 was a better year for the DC. Many hits like Jet Set Radio, Capcom vs. SNK, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. And it was the year of Sonic Shuffle. We thought that this game will be a successful party game that will be better than Mario Party. Well it wasn't that good. It was slow.

It wasn't Sonic at all... What was wrong with the music also? It's not sonic, Only Summer Mirage was good enough to listen to. And it was still 30 frames per second. Will Sonic survive?

2001 was the last year of the DC in my opinion. In February after the PS2 was out and many buyers preferred it than Sega's console. Sega declared that in this year the company won't develop more games to the console. So this was the DC worst year, although there were great last games: Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves, Phantasy Star Online (Sonic Team :) and of course Sonic Adventure 2, the best DC game all-time.

The game runs most 60 frames per second, with no adventure fields, no Big and cool plot, SA2 is the best game ever. And Shadow is probably the best Sonic character ever. I can write a huge article about the game, but if I do, I'll do that on SA2:B.

Now that Sega is a third company, each developer teams divided to its favorite console. AM2 with the PS2, SmileBit with the Box and AV and Sonic Team with the Gamecube.

So now let's think about the future of our blue hedgehog:

After the big fight between Sega and Nintendo, which was most active at the 1990's, we now must accept the idea that Sega is now a third party company, and they'll help the X-Box, The Playstation 2 and the Gamecube.

So what makes Nintendo be such a good company. I personally, about 13 years ago, always admired Sega, I was a die-hard Sega fan and I had every console, except the Saturn, not to mention that I had every Sonic Game that was out. So now it's hard to get the concept that now Sonic is on Nintendor and it's not a bad thing.

Mario is also a fun platformer, of course, when was a die hard Sega fan I didn't wanted to play any of his games. Today, OK you can say 2 years ago I played Mario's games and I pretty much liked them, but not one of those game can compete with Sonic's games.

IMO I would be glad to see Sonic in Super Smash Brothers Melee. Think about it, he'll have his spin dash, light dash, bounce attack, sonic wind, he'll be great. Shadow can be his copy, but he'll have chaos spear instead of Sonic Wind. Knuckles will be nice in this game also, with his punches, uppercut, drill claw, he can also be a great addition to this game, don't you think?

Well not all the things happen, but something like that did, a rumor that Sonic will show on Mario Kart for the Gamecube says offically that Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo.

Some people can't accept the idea that Sonic moved on to Nintendo and I don't get those people, with big names like Mario, Zelda and not mention Star Fox, it will help Sonic sell a lot of games. And only in his first week, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold 77,000 games only in its first week out and also he's selling pretty well in Japan and there he was a the 10 top selling games a lot of times.

So this moving is a bad thing or a good thing? Probably good, so if you want to see Sonic in the future, buy a Gamecube.

-----------------------------

Let's hope that the blue blur will be a bestseller in Europe and that SA3 will come out quickly.

Thanks for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.