GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario or Sonic?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 20:32
Regular
Throughout our past youth, we have all grown a liking to certain characters. For me, the first game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog. It changed my life forever. Some poeple will tell you that Mario, the tubby humble plumber is better. Both characters reside in their own highly-likeable cutesy worlds, the planet mobuis, and, wherever mario lives!

The question I pose to you is: which one is the best?

It's a tough question, but wait! Before you answer, think about some of the prospects:
- Speed
- Ability to kill baddies
- Sidekicks (e.g. Tails or Luigi)
- Weapons / Special moves.
and feel free to add your own personal feelings, let it all come out! You never know, once the votes have been counted, the character you grew a liking too may seem blatantly weak compared.

The character with the most UNIQUE replies is inevitably the best. (So don't keep posting "Mario", cos you won't be counted!)

- Mike Harding
www.echogecko.co.uk
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:32
Throughout our past youth, we have all grown a liking to certain characters. For me, the first game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog. It changed my life forever. Some poeple will tell you that Mario, the tubby humble plumber is better. Both characters reside in their own highly-likeable cutesy worlds, the planet mobuis, and, wherever mario lives!

The question I pose to you is: which one is the best?

It's a tough question, but wait! Before you answer, think about some of the prospects:
- Speed
- Ability to kill baddies
- Sidekicks (e.g. Tails or Luigi)
- Weapons / Special moves.
and feel free to add your own personal feelings, let it all come out! You never know, once the votes have been counted, the character you grew a liking too may seem blatantly weak compared.

The character with the most UNIQUE replies is inevitably the best. (So don't keep posting "Mario", cos you won't be counted!)

- Mike Harding
www.echogecko.co.uk
Sun 07/04/02 at 20:32
Regular
It has to be mario. Both started off well although Mario obviously had a earlier start but Sonic lost his way. Mario went on to great things with Mario 64 where as Sonic for me has been a big disappointment more recently. Also Mario games generally have better playability. They may be slower moving but this gives you more time to enjoy the view and take in the atmosphere of the game.

There really is no contest as Mario 64 is just about the best game to date.
Mon 08/04/02 at 15:44
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I think i prefer sonic at the mo. i change my mind alot though when i play their newist games. I currently play sonic adventure 1 and 2 alot but when mario sunshines out i will probably like mario more.
Tue 16/04/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Mario made the platform jump to 3D very well, Sonic didn't fare too well did he?
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
> Mario made the platform jump to 3D very well, Sonic didn't fare too
> well did he?

I prefer Mario 64 allthough I can still remember when I would play Sonic on the Sega Megadrive!
Thu 18/04/02 at 18:18
"Mimmargh!"
Well Mario is fat but still wins the day, thus has to work harder than Sonic. I think Mario should be the winner as he is clearly trying hard to lose weight.

He's probably a bit peeved off that Luigi gets a launch title and not him...oh wait...there not real are they?
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:36
"Right!!!!!™"
I like them both the same thier both very famous charters and enjoyed both the games aswell they both RULE!!!
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:11
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I think i will go for Sonic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.