GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda = Da Best"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 20:26
Regular
The Legend of Zelda

Well, well, well. It’s been a long time. Since 1988 The Big N has brought Europe the greatest game series ever created. They called the games ‘Zelda’. There have been eight games so far in the series. They are :

The Legend of Zelda (1988)
Zelda II : The Adventure of Link (1989)
The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda : Links Awakening
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (1998)
The Legend of Zelda : Majora’s Mask (2000)
The Legend of Zelda : Oracle of Ages (2001)

All these are games of excellence. They are brilliant, perfect, Oh-So-Good. They all have a compelling story-line, they were all visual treats for their age, they definitely weren’t a ‘one-minute-wonder’ (Ocarina of Time took me bloody ages), they had enough action, plot and puzzling for everyone. Sorry…Sorry….I’m blabbing. I’ll stop know. I just wanna get through to everybody and tell them how good these games really are.
But now. 2002. This year will see a new type of Zelda. Here is an article I wrote a while back for my website (www.geocities.com/nintybloke)

The Legend of Celda?

A while back The Big N released a video of the ‘Brand new’ Zelda. It had quality visuals and looked awesome. If ‘this’ and Ocarina of Time had a punch up, ‘this’ would definitely win!
But…OH DEAR… Nintendo later revealed that was only an FMV of Link battling Ganondorf from OOT! The new game though is a lot, lot different. With Jet Set Radio cell-type visuals it is very cartoony.
Unlike previous Zelda’s Nintendo have decided to make the new games ‘short and sweet’. This is because out of all the people who bought the N64 Zelda’s, the majority of them did not complete them. The minority who did complete them got pretty bored of them by the time they finished them. So not many people replayed them. This will be different though with the new Zelda. Because it is shorter and doesn’t have much detail it will be cheaper and easier to make. This means more enjoyable gameplay, less money taken from your pocket and instead of a Zelda every 3 years maybe a Zelda every year! Last but by no means least, it means MORE ZELDA!!

Thanx 4 Readin' My Article. It Would Be Great If You Could Reply And Tell Me What You Think About Zelda.
Mon 08/04/02 at 22:26
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
yup, they sure do!
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:56
I am really sorry. You're right the other was Oracle of Seasons. The two game names do kinda sound the same though!
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Beat me to it Edgy :)
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Eoj wrote:

Unless you boguth two copies of the same game, there was definaately a Zelda: Oracle of seasons last time I looked.

Ayway, I thikn the Zelda series has to be my favourite collection of games I have ever owned. The gameplay is brilliant, the graphics are spot-on and the 'Nintendo difference' shines through.
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:06
Regular
And there weren't two games called Oracle of Ages :)

For those who don't know, though you should be now, he meant ORacle of Seasons.
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:05
Regular
Hey, you missed out the CDI games :)
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Zelda? Da best?

I think I'm going to cry. . .
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:49
I completed zelda:OOT and it felt good knowing that all my effort wasn't in vain. what i think will happen is that nintendo will use the short 'n sweet style 4 most games but zelda & mario will be long epics.
Fri 05/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
How would you take Zelda apart into a multiplayer????
Yeah, maybe you could have the simple Goron and Zora races, but they'd soon get boring.
Maybe you could have a battle mode, one Link vs. the other, or maybe a target practice style game??
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:31
"Mimmargh!"
Yea, Zelda OOT is probably the best game i ever played on any system. Majoras Mask was good but it was more of the same thing. What would be good is a new Zelda with some multiplayer options. I must say though the cell animation of that new one looks dissapointing after the previews; lame even.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.