GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Broadband Connection?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 12:07
Regular
I'm getting a new broadband connection in the next 2 weeks, I'm looking for a good, stable connection that is as fast as possible, AND will be able to handle XBox LIVE when it comes out.. any suggestions?
Wed 16/10/02 at 20:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
thanks to all, that ntl thing sounds attractive, but i cant get it in my area.. just checked.. i can only get Bt... so it's BT ot nat
Mon 14/10/02 at 17:29
I still say NTL. They are giving 600k for the price of 512, and when i test it im getting a few k more so im at top speed! Service is great too, if you phone before 6 they pick up right away on the free phone number and dont play any crappy old music while you wait for them to look things up.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Also, I've played XBconnect fine with no lag at all, which would make me think Xbox Live won't have any speed problems.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:05
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I've got BTopenworld. There was one time when it didn't work for a whole weekend, and they didn't admit it was their fault until the sunday - which left me angry after I'd been messing with my equipment all saturday thinking it was my fault.

But apart from that, no problems at all. Constantly getting about 480kbs (like 56K where you actually get about 40K, you never really get the top speed) and I haven't had any major issues with them.

It's a bit more expensive than cable, but it sure as hell beats having a load of cables installed and being forced to have a load of crap I don't work. My dad works for BT too, so we got our modem free :-)
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Flux wrote:
> GOOD GOD MAN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? SOMEONE NEUTER THIS MAN
> NOW!!!

Oh shut up you fool of a newbie! I have telewest broadband and it has never cut me off and has always given me service better than that of say BT wich my friend has. Maybe you've had some bad experiences but that doesn't mean it isn't good. Anyway I would say that you need neutered but I doubt nature made the mistake of making you ferile in the first place.
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:24
a word of advice when you get broadband go for 512kbps at least otherwise xbox live will struggle (i would think)
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
thanks to everyone for the help....
but i have a lil question..
has annyone had any experiences with BTOpenworld?

Cause that seems to be the one of the big 3 that will be accepted in my area, and it is the company whoch Microsoft is alledgedly having a cannection with.. I got that info from Microsoft, call up the customer care if you dont believe me....
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:06
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Price is more of an issue for me, Mr Lead-man. Hell, pretty much all broadband is available for me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:03
"possibly impossible"
What Broadband is best? hm, let me see...

...how about ANY....that would be preferable to having none at all, damn UK technology.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:35
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Cubist wrote:
> Get telewest broadband. They also do cable tv and stuff you you can
> pay all at once while getting a great broadband service like me :D

WHAT!? READ BELOW - NOW!:

"Whatever you do, don't get Telewest - it cuts off so much because of problems. At my mum's the net stopped working and the TV went with it (because cable TV was thrown in with it). Telewest Blueyonder sucks, but it's good for downloading. I got 200kb/sec steady for a minute or so once :D"

GOOD GOD MAN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? SOMEONE NEUTER THIS MAN NOW!!!

*Ahem*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.