GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shoot em ups! who will be the king now PD gone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
As we have now seen the loss of perfect drak. what do we think will take over the rieghn of the nintendo console king? I would place my money on die hard vendetta and next generation. I think these two are shaping up to be pretty good. I think turok is a quality game but it lacks the storyline required. agent under fire was good but way to easy and really needed a higher diffuculty setting. a bit of blood wouldnt have gone a miss either! We still have 007: nightfire to come but wherever this will be a succeser to its poorer cousin we do not know. jedi outkast is not a real shoot em up but will still take on the same shoot em up structure and will bound to be a success in its own right. I was really looking forward to perfect dark zero! i guess well all have to buy an xbox just for pD zero if we dont get any decent shoot em ups!
what if any will be the new king of shoot em ups on the gamecube!?
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:30
Regular
I don't think any of you quite realize how good Timesplitters is... yes its on all formats but at least it means we'll have multi console internet gaming in the future. Timesplitters 2 will be the best shooter of the year toppling Halo and anything PD can offer, we all thought DAvid Doak had left Rare because he wasn't a fan of Nintendo... not true Free radical design pratically pushed the entire Eidios publisher closer to Nintendo. They always wanted to make Timesplitters on Gamecube but didnt get the dev kits in time... as doak said "Nintendo is, afterall, our spiritual home".

Yes Wolfenstein, Medal of Honour and Jedi Outcast are all awesome FPS' to add to the croud but Metroid Prime was always going to beat PD because it is a new direction for FPS'. Console game of the year at E3.
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:22
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:

> Doesn't bother me though, I'll be getting all three :)

same here, ill get any shooter out there, as long as they arnt repetative like turok, the only shooter on GC i wont be getting so far.

WOW i just did 2 short posts in a row, new experience for me, must sit down.
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:47
Regular
Metroid Prime will easily have the best single player I reckon, it ha so much stuff that you don't see in FPS, and everything I've heard so far sounds amazing, and the graphics are sweet :)

TSP2 will have a great singple player too, and then you have the the multi-player, which should easily be the best :) I think die Hard is the odd one out, in the middle for both of them.

Doesn't bother me though, I'll be getting all three :)
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:37
Regular
Metroid Prime should be the best FPS but since there is no multiplayer it won't
*Hopes the guys at Retro Studios are reading this*
Die Hard Vendetta will probably be joint best with Timesplitters 2 but I just heard this afternoon that die hard has been delayed from November to next year (NGC #73 page 18) Now normally i don't doubt NGC but can ne1 confirm this?
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:21
Regular
TS2 and Die hard are the best bets, TS2 will/is amazing, and we have the best version. Die hard could do amazing if they do it right.

Also Nothing EVER will beat Goldeneye, for true/older gamers anyway,simply becuase at the time rare had all the people working for them and also FPS werent that big, so it was a new thing, kinda.

PD zero wont do that well, be the best seller on the xbox, unless halo2 is good, or pd 0 is rubbish. But really rare has been ripped apart.

Goldeneye era = all developers, and in some games nintendo helpping them.

PD era = some developers leave and go to redical design, near end of perfect dark development, due to not being able to go multi-format

after Star fox era = nintendo cant help them no more, hints of developers leaving to join nintendo, silicon kinghts (and the other western developers). meaning it is now some developers still at rare and some people from MS, maybe, and i dont see them having time to do anything.

all in all if rare left nintendo and went multi format we would have the best fps around, now i dont think so as the goldeneye developers are in about 6 diffrent companies.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
cookie monster wrote:
I doubt even PD zero will topple it

Never underestimate the boys at Rare. Let's wait and see what they can do with the X-Box first.
As for Gamecube, it Metroid Prime had a multiplayer, it would surely be that. But beccause it doesn't, it's a close thing between that and Timesplitters 2. I'm slightly more excited about Metroid Prime, personally.
Still, the great thing is that there's plenty of other promising FPSs on the way to back them up, and I'd love to be playing Duke Nukem Forever on the GC, if it ever gets released that is. :/
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
I also like the look of Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I'm gonna go for metroid prime and die hard, both look excellent!

Same here - They both look very promising!
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm gonna go for metroid prime and die hard, both look excellent!
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
But do we have a FPS that is great and an "Gamecube only" Title?

Timespiltters is great, but is on very format... So is Die hard only on the Gamecube?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.