GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 16:38
Regular
Just wondering.
Why do some of you hate Bill Gates and his Microsoft?
What's he done to you to make you hate him so much?

I only think he's a *face because his MSN randomly kicks me off in the middle of a convo.
Most annoying.

Also. How can you hate a Console? Or even the company that makes the consoles?
I don't get it.
"Fonee gaystation"
"my controller is beter than urs"
"mario is gay"
"x box is as big as my howse"
"my cats bref smels lyke cat foood"

So you have your Cube/Station'/XBox/Stick and Hoop and you love it, some of you even do kinky things with them. That’s all fine and dandy, but what I don't get is why some feel that they have to b*tch about other consoles/makers/whatever.
Does it make you feel big?
What has that console/maker done to you to make you hate them so much?

Please, indulge me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
hmm wonder why i did no 3 twice. Ah well.

*slaps head*

D'OH!
Sun 13/10/02 at 21:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mystique wrote:
some of you even do kinky things with them.

Indeed. I do. THAT part of AliBoy's Diary was true. Mmm... Cube Sutra...

> Please, indulge me.

With pleasure. (Hur hur)
Sun 13/10/02 at 20:08
Regular
Boss_Pac_Man wrote:

> oh, and everyone in the nintendo forum hates microsoft because they
> bought rare, and we're hiding it behind a load of 'ha, they only make
> one game a year' rubbish.

Really? Read my statement in the latest topic I created in the X-box forum...
Sun 13/10/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Edgy wrote:
> Also. How can you hate a Console?
>
> If you dislike it a lot, it can happen. Just like you can hate a
> particular colour, place or chair in the front room.

Your completly mad arn't you?

Curse you purple!...

The couch keeps staring at me!
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Ok, I may be able to help here.

Semajal wrote:
> ok 1. i find the control pad very uncomfortable and can never find the
> right buttons.

I suggest Controller S when it comes out in November. Or import one.

>
> 2. Im not very impressed with the games, played halo for a while and
> it was ok but the controls were so complicated that i had to look at
> the pad and not the screen to press the right buttons.
>

Sorry, if you had to look at the controller to press the right buttons, I seriously doubt your intelligence.

> 3. I think it is too big. if i had one it would have to sit on the
> floor in frount of the TV because it is too big to go under it. My
> cube however sits with room to spare next to the TV.
>

Fair enough, all down to personal preference.

> 3. The boasts about how its so much better than the gamecube. When
> people put the stats on paper next to each other the xbox looks
> amazing, but if you actually look at the graphics you will see it is
> not.
>

Fair enough again, opinion. But I think Xbox graphics from what I've seen look a lot better than GC.

> 4. Loading times on the xbox are longer than cube times making it
> annoying to try and play a game quickly.
>

If there is any difference, as Wookiee has explained in a lot of threads before, it would be fractions of a second. Also, if anything, the Hard Drive makes the Xbox load quicker. I would like some evidence to back that statement up.

> 5. It is a rip off, you buy your xbox then you have to pay £30
> to get dvd playback.

It's actually £20 now. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a separate DVD player.

you also have to then get memory cards to
> transfer games etc.

True. But they're not neccessary for saving.

On the gamecube when i went round to a mates all i
> need take if he has the game we want to play is a tiny memory card.

WTF? You just complained about having to buy memory cards, then you say it's a good thing. Biggest contradiction I've ever seen.

> The built in hard drive increases cost but doesn't give the xbox any
> massive advantages.

Yes it does. Blinx will use it, Halo uses it, many games will use it. It's not just for saving.

I won't need a new memory card for ages as my lil
> tiny £15 has more than enough memory to handle about 10 games+

I won't ever need any new memory cards on my free memory card (HDD)

--------------------------

I'm not any kind of fanboy here. I'd love to go out and buy a GC to add to my Xbox and Playstation 2, however, lack of funds prevents that. I just think some of what you wrote was rubbish when Myst asked for 5 good reasons.

I am also not trying to defend the Xbox, I know it has a lot of faults with it such as the big lack of new games after launch, the launching price, and the reliablility of **some** machines. I just had to add what I thought to some of your points.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I hate bill gates because he has all those millions upon millions of dollars and still cuts hit own hair. Evil little man.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:22
Regular
I don't like the X-box because:

Microsoft are only in the market because Sony offer a kit that can transform your console into a home system similar to the PC. Microsoft need to stop Sony effecting the PC market and have entered to stop Sony.

It means money is no object.

After console price cuts comes software cuts.

Only Microsoft can afford to cut software.

Nintendo can no longer develop their own home systems.

And more to the point, the x-box isn't very good and so is doing this purley on the cheap price and advertisement.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:15
semajal i hate to tell you this but numbers dont go 1,2,3,3,4,5 they go 1,2,3,4,5 ;-)
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:13
"+ suspicious minds"
because microsoft are GAY!

no, really, it is only really spammers and morons that say the x-box/GC/microsoft/nintendo is sh!te, but the rest of us are okay.

oh, and everyone in the nintendo forum hates microsoft because they bought rare, and we're hiding it behind a load of 'ha, they only make one game a year' rubbish.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Mystique wrote:
> Semajal wrote:
> . Also i just don't
> like anything about the Xbox
> ******
>
> Have you actually played with one for longer than five minutes?
> What don't you like about it? Tell me five GOOD reasons why you don't
> like the XBox.

ok 1. i find the control pad very uncomfortable and can never find the right buttons.

2. Im not very impressed with the games, played halo for a while and it was ok but the controls were so complicated that i had to look at the pad and not the screen to press the right buttons.

3. I think it is too big. if i had one it would have to sit on the floor in frount of the TV because it is too big to go under it. My cube however sits with room to spare next to the TV.

3. The boasts about how its so much better than the gamecube. When people put the stats on paper next to each other the xbox looks amazing, but if you actually look at the graphics you will see it is not.

4. Loading times on the xbox are longer than cube times making it annoying to try and play a game quickly.

5. It is a rip off, you buy your xbox then you have to pay £30 to get dvd playback. you also have to then get memory cards to transfer games etc. On the gamecube when i went round to a mates all i need take if he has the game we want to play is a tiny memory card. The built in hard drive increases cost but doesn't give the xbox any massive advantages. I won't need a new memory card for ages as my lil tiny £15 has more than enough memory to handle about 10 games+

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.